ZEITGEIST Status of 5e Zeitgeist

Noodle

Explorer
I just checked my email archive. We started in October 2011. We only meet once a month, and took breaks in between each adventure to play other games (5e playtest, SW:EoE, ...) so we're just up to Schism. I guess at this rate, we'll be going well into the 2020s.. :p

I jinxed it! At this month's session (where we finished Schism), our party leader announced that he's leaving for another campaign.
So our post-Schism break may be indefinite. :(

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
I jinxed it! At this month's session (where we finished Schism), our party leader announced that he's leaving for another campaign.
So our post-Schism break may be indefinite. :(

Aw. That sucks. We just got some good news: thought we were going to have to pause the campaign to play Invisible Sun (cos we bought into the Directed Campaign which has a 'start date' deadline of July 2019), but thanks to the reprint Kickstarter, we don't need to start IS until mid 2020 - plenty of time to finish Zeitgeist!

Still - your predicament reminds me how vulnerable all our games are to outside events. Reality bites! (And fingers and toes crossed...)

My Pathfinder game is going to meet a total of three times between Halloween and New Years. Luckily I managed to get a good satisfying stopping point full of good feelings. But I was hoping to work in an "It's a Wonderful Life" game for a depressed ex-paladin. Ah well.

dekarguy

Explorer
I started my group on the Bonds of Forced Faith one-shot on 2/2/18 and we are currently halfway through Adventure 3 Part 2. Our first Adventure 1 session was a couple days before Adventure 2 part 3 dropped.

There is a lot of runway for everything to be converted by the time we get to it. We meet every 2 weeks, but have had a couple months with only 1 session. Adventure 1 went quick 1 session per part except for the last one and I was worried we might catch up, but Adventure 2 took quite a while (and the players loved it, we had almost a whole session at the Thinking Man's Tavern with them wanting to meet people, investigate, drink and be merry). Adventure 3 is going at a good pace now that they have picked up the hook.

I think we'll do the full Crypta Heraticarum the first time around instead of saving it for the later adventures, there is a Vekeshi Mystic (Warlock/Sorcerer/Hexblade) in the party and a really cool magic item for them in there :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases