Main Difficulties in Hosting Local Games (GMs)? - Page 2

Poll: #1 problem when hosting games as a GM?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    For me it has always been about conflict in schedules.

Outside of High School (where is all played at the same time each week), it has been tough.

From those furthering their education, to moving away, to work, to family commitments, etc.

All other issued I find are minor in comparison.

Age differences: I have been in groups with 20-25 years spread in players/DM's ages.

Smokers/Non-Smokers: Ok, we had more breaks (to allow the smokers to smoke outside in consideration to us non-smokers), so that was a compromise we all agreed to. And it worked.

Gaming Systems: Our loyal gaming store has lots on current gaming postings, but finding one if you prefer an older system and on a day/time you can play is still the main issue for me.

My biggest problem is a venue. Life in the burbs was bad enough - but having moved to the countryside, the idea of getting people out here is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by aramis erak View Post
    My biggest problem is a venue. Life in the burbs was bad enough - but having moved to the countryside, the idea of getting people out here is laughable.
    Consider a VTT. It's not the same as in person, but it will let you play. IMO, the versatility and benefits far outweigh not being able to play

Quick Reply Quick Reply