Ravnica & Dungeon of the Mad Mage Are In Stores Today!

D&D books are a lot like buses. You wait ages for one, and then suddenly two are released on the same day! Anyway, today's the day that Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica and Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage hit game stores, so this is your reminder to head on down to your friendly (or not so friendly) local (or not so local) game store and grab your copies! They'll hit Amazon and other stores on November 20th.

ravnica.jpg

mad_mage.png

Note that there are find delays in some locations. WotC has announced:

”D&D just got word some game stores may not have copies of Guildmasters’ Guide to Ravnica & Waterdeeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage available on November 9, due to continued printing delays. Affected stores will be getting their shipments in very soon, likely within a few days.

Halaster Blackcloak tried to make sure Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage wasn’t impacted but even an all-powerful wizard can’t make silly human trucks move faster.

We apologize for the delay. We want to adventure in Ravnica & Undermountain as soon as possible! Check with your friendly local game store to determine whether they have copies available on Friday, November 9th.”

Jester, you might end up saving money . . . but everytime you purchase from Amazon instead of your FLGS, a beholder loses an eyestalk.
*shrug*
I say “FLGS” but the store in question is 27km away. (About 16.5 miles.) So not really “L”...
Oh, and I don’t drive. So if I make a trip we’re talking the better part of the day in public transportation.

My wife works near there, so I rely on her to snag books for me. However, this next week we’re having a staycation. This is her last day for 9 days.
Driving 27km and back for a single book seems silly. And a waste of gas. And kinda dangerous on the current icy Alberta’s roads. (Seriously... it’s deadly right now.)
If I Amazon Prime the book I’ll get it pretty much the same day as I would from said store and it will save me $$$.

Sucks for the store... but I tried.
(Plus, I’ve already ordered my collector’s copy of the core rulebook set from there. So they’re not entirely losing my money.)

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
My FLGS is 45 miles away...I head over about twice a month to grab some comics and othe r gaming related items. I had these preordered so I’ll grab them next time I’m going.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Jester, you might end up saving money . . . but everytime you purchase from Amazon instead of your FLGS, a beholder loses an eyestalk.

I have two game stores within 10 minutes drive (one about 5 minutes away when traffic is low) and many more within a 20 minute drive. I preorder all WoTC books on Amazon.

Yet, I still pay about as much money at game stores as I do on Amazon and Kickstarter combined. But that money isn't from books.

Game stores can't compete on price and convenience. If their business model is the charity of gamers, they have no reason to exist.

Shaming people for not buying books from their "F"LGS is silly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dire Bare

Legend
I have two game stores within 10 minutes drive (one about 5 minutes away when traffic is low) and many more within a 20 minute drive. I preorder all WoTC books on Amazon.

Yet, I still pay about as much money at games stores as I do on Amazon and Kickstarter combined. But that money isn't from books.

Games stores can't compete on price and convenience. If there business model is the charity of gamers, they have no reason to exist.

Shaming people for not buying books from their "F"LGS is silly.

Shaming? Nah, teasing. Relax.

Dire Bare

Legend
*shrug*
I say “FLGS” but the store in question is 27km away. (About 16.5 miles.) So not really “L”...
Oh, and I don’t drive. So if I make a trip we’re talking the better part of the day in public transportation.

My wife works near there, so I rely on her to snag books for me. However, this next week we’re having a staycation. This is her last day for 9 days.
Driving 27km and back for a single book seems silly. And a waste of gas. And kinda dangerous on the current icy Alberta’s roads. (Seriously... it’s deadly right now.)
If I Amazon Prime the book I’ll get it pretty much the same day as I would from said store and it will save me $$$.

Sucks for the store... but I tried.
(Plus, I’ve already ordered my collector’s copy of the core rulebook set from there. So they’re not entirely losing my money.)

Sorry Jester, just giving you a hard time. I'd say beholders losing eyestalks isn't a bad thing. :)

Xaelvaen

Stuck in the 90s
On 5 stars?

As for D&D Beyond's formatting, absolutely 5 stars. As for the contents of the book, that's a bit trickier. I only bought it for the setting flavor, so I completely glossed over the player options for the most part, and I'm far from finished reading everything about the setting. Absolutely a solid 4 stars from me thus far, however.

Mercador

Adventurer
As for D&D Beyond's formatting, absolutely 5 stars. As for the contents of the book, that's a bit trickier. I only bought it for the setting flavor, so I completely glossed over the player options for the most part, and I'm far from finished reading everything about the setting. Absolutely a solid 4 stars from me thus far, however.

I would buy it for the setting as well, I don't play 5E, I got plenty of PF books but I read them for the content, not for playing it.

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
Both are also available digitally on D&D Beyond right now. I believe I saw a tweet last night saying that some local stores might not have the two available quite yet due to printing delays, so call ahead if it's not too local. Tweet: [FONT=&amp]https://twitter.com/Wizards_DnD/status/1060641191367073792

[/FONT]

Yeah. I went to my friendly local gaming store to buy Ravnica, Mad Mage, and the core sets, but they've been having trouble with the gift sets and were told it was delayed until next Friday. Got Ravnica & Mad Mage, though.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases