Homebrew Epic Monsters: Gremlins (5E) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Spellbinder (Lvl 16)

Quote Originally Posted by MarkB View Post
    They'd work very well as support monsters. Cast Invisibility on a few (or even one) of them and send them into a camp to perform little sabotages on equipment, untying bow strings, loosening saddles, greasing sword-hilts, tying bootlaces together, with the party having disadvantage on any checks to notice that anything is happening. Then launch an attack, watch the ensuing chaos as the party spend the first round dealing with their sabotaged gear, and after that they're still stuck in an Unluck Aura with no idea who's causing it. The gremlin wouldn't even have to participate in the combat to cause chaos.
    The only drawback is that any gremlin allies would also suffer Unluck if nearby

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

They seem awfully tough for a "nuisance" or "support" monster. CON 20? 75 HP for a tiny fey? CR 4? I think they're a bit ramped up. I love the ideas though and I may ramp them down and convert to WoD to plague my modern game with.
    XP dave2008 gave XP for this post

Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

Quote Originally Posted by ErisRaven View Post
    They seem awfully tough for a "nuisance" or "support" monster. CON 20? 75 HP for a tiny fey? CR 4? I think they're a bit ramped up. I love the ideas though and I may ramp them down and convert to WoD to plague my modern game with.
    Those are good points. I would rather they had a trait like evasion and lower HP / Con. That seems more thematic to me. Honestly, the STR score seems high to. I think of them more as DEX based than STR based.

Quick Reply Quick Reply