Anyone else find this really irritating?

Bootlebat

Explorer
Anyone else hate how in the spell descriptions it lists the level but doesn't say WHAT classes can use it, forcing you to go back to the beginning of the chapter to check?

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Problems like this are why good old fashioned books made out of paper were invented.

Trying to scroll up and down a PDF or Word file is more inconvenient. There isn't any way to "hold your page while you look at something else."

No, cuz what happens when a new sub-class comes out that has spells? You going to say, sorry, that spell from the PHB doesn't have 'new sub-class' listed so it can't use the spell?

No, spell lists are the way to go.

Sacrosanct

Legend
My preferred method of spell organization remains how 1e did it. I didn’t have to skip past dozens of spells my class couldn’t even cast, and having it broken down by level made it easier for me to find the spells I wanted.

YMMV of course.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Problems like this are why good old fashioned books made out of paper were invented.

Trying to scroll up and down a PDF or Word file is more inconvenient. There isn't any way to "hold your page while you look at something else."
Let me introduce you to this amazing thing called Control f.

My preferred method of spell organization remains how 1e did it. I didn’t have to skip past dozens of spells my class couldn’t even cast, and having it broken down by level made it easier for me to find the spells I wanted.

YMMV of course.

1E could use some improvement too! How many times have you flipped through looking for a magic user spell only to find " see [cleric] or [druid] spell of the same name" and were annoyed with the extra page flipping! Clerics had it great because their spells were listed first. Other classes had to reference another classes spell list.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases