Nentir Vale Coming to Dungeons and Dragons

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you
TL;DR version: A new streaming show will be set in Nentir Vale. That's the extent of its "return."

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
TL;DR version: A new streaming show will be set in Nentir Vale. That's the extent of its "return."

for myself...it leaves room for speculation...i.e. why use that setting and thow it into the spotlight.

Maybe no reason...maybe a beginning of its return.

GreyLord

Legend
for myself...it leaves room for speculation...i.e. why use that setting and thow it into the spotlight.

Well, without much more to go on, it could be that with the success of other streaming videos, this is to put one out from Mearls. It is to have fun, to put it out there, and perhaps to see how much interest there is in it.

If there is enough interest, perhaps something will be invested, but perhaps other areas of the stream will spark interest with various aspects of the game that people will ask more about.

For the reason Maze Arcana is in Eberron, In the Birdcage and Hell's Belles are Planescape, and Sirens of the Realms is in FR. Because that's where the DM wanted to set the show.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle

If mearls likes it enough to make it the world he is running a live game in, I doubt he isn't thinking selling copies. If the Eberron book does well, its a good sign for short digital sources for settings.

Remove ads