A Song of Ice and Fire Tabletop Miniatures Game

fjw70

Adventurer
Any thoughts?

The rules look nice and simple, the sculpts look great, no mini assembly required, and I am a huge ASOIAF fan.

Jhaelen

First Post
So, CMON is trying to get a slice of Games Workshop's market. Color me unexcited.

The reviews on BGG are pretty good so far, though. Since you're an AGoT fan and if you happen to enjoy tabletop wargames maybe you'd like it.

pogre

Legend
I do wish they had gone with closer to 28 mm instead of 32 mm at the eye. These are in line with a lot of newer WFB AoS scaled minis, but I would prefer something closer to heroic 28s or even 30s. I also wish they would have gone with a pewter option - I would have paid it - although I realize I am very much in the minority on that one.

fjw70

Adventurer
I agree on the scale so they would mix with my D&D minis better but it is still close enough to me.

The plastic minis plus no assembly is a huge plus for me.

Like the theme, but rank & file maneuvering is a pass for me.

Instead, I found a good ebay deal on a lot of Battles of Westeros games and expansions. Less a full minis game, but I prefer it to the whole rank and file business.

For a full hobby minis game, I'm playing Star Wars: Legion; I'm also finding Warhammer: Underworlds to be a great combo of minis skirmish, board game, and deck builder.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
I do wish they had gone with closer to 28 mm instead of 32 mm at the eye. These are in line with a lot of newer WFB AoS scaled minis, but I would prefer something closer to heroic 28s or even 30s. I also wish they would have gone with a pewter option - I would have paid it - although I realize I am very much in the minority on that one.

At the rate sizes are increasing in 10 years we will be playing with 12" action figures. Then again I'd still prefer true 25mm.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases