Kickstarter [KickStarter] Secrets of Blackmoor Documentary Film

Hi there,
We want to announce the KickStarter for the Documentary Film about Dave Arneson and his Blackmoor Bunch: Secrets of Blackmoor

For over 5 years now we've been working on this extensive research documentary. We were very self aware about Hubris and how the Best Laid Plans can back fire, thus we did not go public with our project until we'd been working on it secretly for nearly 3 years. We have seen other projects promise all kinds of wonderful things, yet they were trying to do projects that needed, either too many people involved, too much money, or a really long time to come to fruition.

It has now been over 5 years of research, shooting, and editing. We feel we are getting very close to having a finished film. We're really down to doing a lot of polishing work on things, as the interview edits are all in place now.

Another element we are very aware of, is that not everyone can support every project they see on the web. Even if you cannot support us directly, that's fine, all we ask that you take a minute share our link to your friends.

Check out our link and watch the videos we've posted: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ets-of-blackmoor-the-true-history-of-dungeons

Make sure to check back, because we will be releasing some cool stuff on Friday. ;)

Thank you, Chris and Griff

Last edited:

We added a new video in our updates section.

We have so much interview footage, that a lot of it will not appear in our film, despite expanding the movie to being a 2 hour length.

In this new video Bob Meyer, BLackmoor's Last Dungeon Master, talks about being unknown, seeing the invention of RPG's first hand, and also just about how much fun it was to game with Dave Arneson.

Hope you like it!

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...or-the-true-history-of-dungeons/posts/2356094

Last edited:

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I was hyped for this even before the preview videos started being released. Now that they have been, I'm absolutely stoked. :D

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Welp, I've pledged my $45. Wish I could afford the $2500. As I'm in the Twin Cities and wouldn't need to travel, it is a great deal for a 7-day mini-convention with some of the fathers of the hobby, room & board included. Just not in a position to spend that kind of money on the hobby right now, unfortunately.

Still stoked about the film though.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases