PHP Warning: Division by zero in ..../showthread.php(832) : eval()'d code on line 95
Guildmasters Guide to Ravnica - Page 2
Guildmasters Guide to Ravnica
[Back to Reviews Index]

Quickly rate Guildmasters Guide to Ravnica

Wizards of the Coast

Game system(s): 5th Edition Dungeons & Dragons,
Line: Dungeons & Dragons,
Genre: fantasy,

Tue 20 November 2018
Wizards RPG Team,
Hardcover (256 pages) UPC: 978-0786966592

Fun with stats: Guildmasters Guide to Ravnica is ranked #59 out of 70 products with 10 or more reviews, placing it in the 17% percentile. It is rated -15.5 points lower than the overall average product rating of 76%. With 12 reviews, this is the #49 most reviewed product.

60.5% HIT

Rated by 12 readers at 60.5% who deem this a HIT. A recommended purchase.
Read all 12 reviews | Write Your Own
There are 2 external reviews of this product with a combined rating of 25%. Read these reviews.

A perpetual haze of dreary rain hangs over the spires of Ravnica. Bundled against the weather, the cosmopolitan citizens in all their fantastic diversity go about their daily business in bustling markets and shadowy back alleys. Through it all, ten guilds—crime syndicates, scientific institutions, church hierarchies, military forces, judicial courts, buzzing swarms, and rampaging gangs—vie for power, wealth, and influence.

These guilds are the foundation of power on Ravnica. They have existed for millennia, and each one has its own identity and civic function, its own diverse collection of races and creatures, and its own distinct subculture. Their history is a web of wars, intrigue, and political machinations as they have vied for control of the plane.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

4 out of 5 rating for Guildmasters Guide to Ravnica

I did not expect to like this product. When it was announced, I was disappointed that Dark Sun, Planescape, or Ravenloft were not getting the setting treatment. The races in the book, however, are interesting and unique. The world is exciting and fresh. All in all, I could see myself running games in Ravnica. The setting also inspired to me to create a homebrew race. All in all, I really like what I am seeing. I don't know if I like it as much as I like the other books so far, which is why I am giving it 4 stars instead of 5, but that is neither here nor there. All in all, I consider Guildmasters' Guide to Ravnica to be a positive addition to my bookshelf.
    XP Parmandur gave XP for this post

5 out of 5 rating for Guildmasters Guide to Ravnica

There are plenty of good reviews already, both pro and con, so I won't go into much detail - I just wanted to offer this book some much needed love, as it is a great product if you embrace it for what is rather than focusing on what it is not, or how it didn't meet your expectations.

I certainly would have liked more depth on the history, more of the city itself. But a lot is packed into its 256 pages, so really my only complaint is that it isn't 300+. The fact that I want more speaks well of this product and my feeling for it. Great art, tons of interesting ideas, and a nice collection of monsters - can be used as a campaign book or a resource for your homebrew.

4 out of 5 rating for Guildmasters Guide to Ravnica

The book gives an in depth dive into each of the ten guilds which are really the lifeblood of the setting. Along with new mechanics in backgrounds, new subclasses, new monsters and new magic items the book plants plenty of seeds to inspire creativity in how to make the setting come alive at the table.