Food during games

Richards

Legend
We usually have a cheese/meat/cracker tray, some cookies (usually Oreos or chocolate chips), some goldfish crackers or preztels, some kind of candy (Swedish fish, M&Ms, or candy corn/pumpkins in season), and plenty of sodas (Mello Yello and Cherry Coke Zero being particular favorites).

Our game sessions usually run from around noon until 6:00 PM on a Saturday, so there's constant on-and-off nibbling throughout.

Johnathan

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Our games start at 10am and end at 6pm

Often donuts are brought and some players bring breakfast some somewhere they stopped on the way.

We break for lunch and usually go to nearby place for takeout, though we've also ordered pizzas and have done pot lucks.

Folks will usually bring some sodas, iced teas, and chips to share.

I often skip dinner on game day, since I've been noshing from 10 until 6. :)

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
We play weeknights after work, like 7pm to 10:30pm. So it's cheap pizza (luckily value exceeds cost) and beverages of choice (caffeine of various denomination, hard cider, water).

Other group orders Italian.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I have impulse control issues when it comes to food. If I'm hosting I try to implement a no junk food rule. Rarely is it followed. I try to encourage health snacks. Often with groups we would take a break and go out for food.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Serious reply; I often cook for the group, so sometimes we will have chili, or baked sandwiches (stuff like chili seasoned ground pork with mustard sauce and cheese on a hoagie roll, wrapped in foil, and then placed in the oven for 20 minutes or so at 300), or spaghetti. Sometimes my buddy makes this insane concoction that starts with mac n cheese, then adds shredded chicken, mushrooms, sour cream, ranch and blue cheese dressing, and chili flakes, that is 1000 percent better than it sounds.

A lot of times, we'll just order some pizza.

If we have snacks at the table, it's usually things like wheat thins and triscuits, that aren't as healthy as the packaging makes them out to be, but are still better than doritos and candy.

Remove ads