WotBS Indomitablity's Boon after Chapter 2

Indomitablity's Boon after Chapter 2

Would the PCs still have indomitability's boon after defeating him in chapter two (they followed Tiljann's path)?
    I assume that Indom would remove the boon when the players attack him, but I wanted to make sure that wouldn't cause issues later in the campaign.
    Thanks
    XP RangerWickett gave XP for this post

Orcus on an Off-Day (Lvl 22)

The party explicitly should have his boon in adventure 3. Defeating Indomitability gets his boon, freeing him gets his boon. Basically anything other than leaving the situation unresolved gets his boon.

And if somehow that happens, adventure 3 exposes PCs to vapors from a witch coven's cauldron that infuses them with the power of Tidereaver's Tears, letting them at least ignore the hurricane force winds in that adventure.

In later adventures it doesn't matter so much, but it's still a handy way to keep PCs alive for the length of a campaign

They still have it, but you may wish to rule that some opponent's effects are stronger than the boon. I played it straight in my campaign and found that many cool control effects that get thrown at the party don't affect them at all. Especially as they are immune to "checked" "knocked down" or "blown away by strong winds"

The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

Quote Originally Posted by lockyreid1 View Post
    Would the PCs still have indomitability's boon after defeating him in chapter two (they followed Tiljann's path)?
    I assume that Indom would remove the boon when the players attack him, but I wanted to make sure that wouldn't cause issues later in the campaign.
    Thanks
    Which edition are you playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Tormyr View Post
    Which edition are you playing?
    We are playing 4th edition.

The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

Quote Originally Posted by lockyreid1 View Post
    We are playing 4th edition.
    Ah, the 5e version of Indomitability's boon works a bit differently. It provides the benefits of stand the heat, automatically stabilizes a dying PC and confers advantage on strength checks or saving throws against being moved. Those benefits are provided to only 2 PCs, so overall it is a bit less powerful than previous editions. The rest of the PCs get tidreaver's tears which only gives advantage on strength ability checks and saving throws against being moved by wind or water.

Quick Reply Quick Reply