The Haunting of Hill House

HawaiiSteveO

Blistering Barnacles!
Up to episode 7, first off great show, very well done and terrific cast. Some great stuff to mine for horror / suspense games for sure.

Few random thoughts:

- ghost moments starting to wear off - what do they want? Just scare / kill people? Why? What's in it for them?
- why do people always hide / scream / cover their faces etc? Just for once like to see someone dig deep and actually suck it up and run up to ghost, try some karate on it :], or simply not be scared and talk to it etc. Guess it's all the gaming - I ain't afraid of no ghost B-)

Really curious to see how it all turns out!

Attachments

• 4DgRJ8f.jpg
    4DgRJ8f.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 519

cmad1977

Hero
It’s really amazing. I think that episode 4 or 5( the funeral service) was shot with a total of 4 cuts the entire episode. Amazing work.

I do think they kinda pull the teeth of the house at the end... but great show.

HawaiiSteveO

Blistering Barnacles!
Well I finished it... not sure what I think of ending, not what I was expecting for sure. I think I missed something, Nell was no longer creepy and was a 'good' ghost all of a sudden?

Yeah, this show is amazing up to like it's 8th episode, and then it suddenly loses its creep-factor. I don't like the ending, because it seems very different from the tone that was set throughout the show. I wanted the suspense to increase not decrease, towards the end, and to end with a bang.

Yet, despite this minor flaw, the show is amazing as a whole. I don't think they can or will make a season 2 though. The story seems pretty finished.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases