5E Evermeet: Traveling to/from

Aiden_Keller_

First Post
Here is a character backstory for an Elf Wizard...

You were born in the Elven fishing village of Elion, located on the island of Evermeet within the Trackless Sea.

Your birth parents were both tasked with tending to Corellon's Grove, a holy grove located south of Elion.

Your maternal grandfather, Frederan Malvdar, was part of the governing council of Elion and was elected to help settle disputes and maintain order.

As a child, you were often excited with the pursuit of knowledge and this lure of learning was instilled by the vast library located in the temple of Corellon.

As you grew, you learned of the arcane arts and studied them as much as was allowed.

Eventually, you learned of the the Blackstaff Academy in the city of Waterdeep far to the east and across the Trackless Sea. You were given permission to leave Evermeet by the governing council of Elion in order to seek arcane training at the academy.

My question is how travel would work from Evermeet to Waterdeep? Would the ship sail straight to the City of Splendor? Stop in the Moonshae Isles?

I am not worried about events in between...instead I am wondering the sailing route/best way my character would get from Evermeet to Waterdeep?

aco175

Legend
I would have sailing head to the coast by Luskan before heading south. This is how the current would flow similar to the Gulf Stream. Travel from Evermeet would be by portal if it was my backstory though. I would come to Evereska before traveling north to Lorkh,

Aiden_Keller_

First Post
I would have sailing head to the coast by Luskan before heading south. This is how the current would flow similar to the Gulf Stream. Travel from Evermeet would be by portal if it was my backstory though. I would come to Evereska before traveling north to Lorkh,

Thank you!

Why would you choose to travel by portal?

aco175

Legend
Thank you!

Why would you choose to travel by portal?

It's backstory. You seemed like you make a mage of some sort and portals would be cooler than a ship. I think I read in some of the older books about portals from the mythals bringing elves to and from Evermeet. I mean a ship is ok and you can make a good story about some of the people on the ship and the DM can weave a bit of it into the current story, but he can just as well take a few from traveling from Evereska to Waterdeep and do the same thing.

Aiden_Keller_

First Post
It's backstory. You seemed like you make a mage of some sort and portals would be cooler than a ship. I think I read in some of the older books about portals from the mythals bringing elves to and from Evermeet. I mean a ship is ok and you can make a good story about some of the people on the ship and the DM can weave a bit of it into the current story, but he can just as well take a few from traveling from Evereska to Waterdeep and do the same thing.

Understandable, I just did not know if portals were made/existed.

Remove ads