What do my players find in an abandoned layer of Absalom Station?

solamon77

Explorer
The party in my Starfinder game is about to delve into an unknown lost layer of Absalom Station. For those who don't know, Absalom Station is a giant cosmopolitan city type space station with an unknown origin found in the orbit that Golarion from the Pathfinder universe used to orbit before it disappeared.

While on the trail of a murderous alien (dubbed "The Veskacutioner" since it seems to only kill Vesk and which may or may not be a sentient, radioactive mist), they found a hidden hatch in a hollowed out support beam which heads down into an unknown, unmapped, lost and uninhabited section of the space station.

The dungeon itself isn't supposed to be that big, but I'm trying to think of interesting things that might be down there aside from the murderous alien's lair. Does anyone have any cool, interesting, off-the-wall ideas on some things, events, traps, ect, that might be down there as well? I have a couple ideas of my own, but it would be cool to incorporate some ideas from people who think differently from myself.

The Veskacutioner is a great name for a villain in Starfinder!

I imagine all sorts of things could be found in the depths of Absalom Station. One idea might be, if your gaming group has previously played Pathfinder, to include something from that campaign. A squirreled away locale somehow freed from Golarion, or a notable NPC or monster they encounter in some sort of suspended animation.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Many, many things. Living things. As long as there are power conduits, and air, there's life. Most likely:

• Other escaped convicts and criminals, less murderous, who want to be left alone, as long as they can be convinced the PCs aren't cops there for them, they might provide useful intel on what they've seen
  • Assembly Oozes, making flawed counterfeit cred sticks (which the PCs find littering random areas); escaped from a low-level crime boss on a different level
  • Luminescent fungi that lives in dark conditions, and is used as a food source by many of the less-violent small herbivores on the station.
  • In the vein that someone mentioned upthread, some remnant of Absalom's time on Golarion - a holy symbol of Aroden, or a stained-glass icon representing the Whispering Tyrant long abandoned by some collector's robber
  • A tribe of space goblins defending their turf and their treasure trove of ripped conduits and scrapped electronics

solamon77

Explorer
Some good ideas here guys! This is why I love this forum. Listening to the great ideas of other people never fails to enrich my games.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
There was an episode of Babylon 5 that had Garibaldi come across a hidden floor. It was full of debris and strange dolls, one of which talked to him and shot him with a dart and it turns out it was populated by a cult.

Remove ads