The Orville Season Two - Thoughts?

Richards

Legend
Tonight was the premiere of the second season of "The Orville." What did everyone think?

I thought it was pretty good. I was glad to see Alara return, as I had heard rumors that she wouldn't be back this season and I really like her character.

I totally called the reason for Capt Mercer's sudden shuttle run, right before what I had guessed played out on screen.

And for "limited commercial interruption," they sure showed a lot of commercials! I guess they had the same number of breaks but not as many commercials in each break. It still seemed like we were going to commercial every 5 minutes or so, though.

It's moving to Thursdays after this initial Sunday premiere.

Johnathan

Ryujin

Legend
I very much enjoyed it. I think that they held off for 20 minutes before each of the first two commercial breaks. Same here on the shuttle flight :)

Alara was supposed to disappear somewhere around mid-season, based on the rumours.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
I heard this episode was actually filmed with season 1, to be the season 1 ender, but they held it back to kickoff season 2. If that's right, Alara's presence in this episode is not strong evidence. :-/

Richards

Legend
Did anybody else notice Jason Alexander has joined the cast? He's the rhino-headed bartender. I recognized his voice at once, but it took me a moment to recall just whose voice it was. And then I realized it was George Costanza's (his character from Seinfeld) voice coming out of the rhino-alien's mouth. And sure enough, there was Jason Alexander's name in the opening credits.

Johnathan

Ryujin

Legend
Did anybody else notice Jason Alexander has joined the cast? He's the rhino-headed bartender. I recognized his voice at once, but it took me a moment to recall just whose voice it was. And then I realized it was George Costanza's (his character from Seinfeld) voice coming out of the rhino-alien's mouth. And sure enough, there was Jason Alexander's name in the opening credits.

Johnathan

I completely missed that. Good catch :)

I KNEW I recognised that voice, but couldn't place it!!

That was a decent episode. It was quiet and simple, focused on the characters and their relationships more than drama or space action. Which was a nice change of pace for a science fiction show, and works with the series.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Anyone else see the doctor and Isaac hooking up in the future? He already seems like a substitute father to her boys. She seems to be developing an attachment to him.

Jason Alexander is just a guest star I think. Maybe a recurring role like Norm McDonald or Bortis's mate.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases