The Orville Season Two - Thoughts?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Smeg head.

Are Americans that familiar with Red Dwarf?

British Sci fi is so good on a budget big enough to buy a cheeseburger. Special effects budget of Humans is enough to buy two shades of contact lenses so they are splashing out.

I live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.

Never watched Humans, but am quite familiar with a fair number of other UK genre fiction shows. Besides Doctor Who and Red Dwarf, local PBS, SyFy and other channels have aired Torchwood, Blake’s 7, Apparitions, Sea of Souls, Strange, Survivors, Demons, Life on Mars, Ashes to Ashes, The Fades , Primeval and goodness knows how many others.

Ryujin

Legend
Smeg head.

Are Americans that familiar with Red Dwarf?

British Sci fi is so good on a budget big enough to buy a cheeseburger. Special effects budget of Humans is enough to buy two shades of contact lenses so they are splashing out.

Some North Americans are familiar with Red Dwarf. A few of us were unfortunate enough to have seen the two separate attempts at Americanizing the series (one of which had Jane Leeves as Holly).

Ryujin

Legend
Blake's 7 is the best.

Also great because the show is total false advertising.

Very little Blake, rarely with 7.

That said, you really have to suspend disbelief when it comes to the ... um ... special effects. "Hey look, in the space armada, it's a toaster!"

And no Blake at all in the final season, if memory serves.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.

Never watched Humans, but am quite familiar with a fair number of other UK genre fiction shows. Besides Doctor Who and Red Dwarf, local PBS, SyFy and other channels have aired Torchwood, Blake’s 7, Apparitions, Sea of Souls, Strange, Survivors, Demons, Life on Mars, Ashes to Ashes, The Fades , Primeval and goodness knows how many others.

I've only heard of about half of those...

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
There isn't anywhere to watch Blake's 7, though, which stinks. I have several times been tempted to buy the DVD set.

Remove ads