The Orville Season Two - Thoughts?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Space: 1999, Benny Hill, Faulty Towers, Monty Python (Flying Circus), The Black Adder, The Avengers.

Dallas’ PBS has been one of the most UK-centric (as well as shows from other former colonies) channels in the USA. They were among the first to air Monty Python’s Holy Grail in the USA. Besides all those and the ones I mentioned already, we’ve been treated to dozens of shows on that channel alone:

Are You Being Served
Only Fools and Horses
Open All Hours
Still Open All Hours
Keeping Up Appearances
The Two Ronnies
Black Books
Moone Boy
Coupling
Father Ted
The Dave Allen Show
My Hero
The Rise and Fall of Reginald Perrin (original and remake)
Hold the Sunset
Good Neighbors
Goodnight Sweetheart
Marley’s Ghosts
People Like Us
Robot Wars

...and that’s just what I can remember watching. Not to mention other channels giving us things like The Young Ones.

Last edited:

CapnZapp

Legend
Back on topic, this episode was great. For once, the melancholy ending felt earned.

Greg was like a mix between Gordon (or, I guess, Scott Grimes) and Wil Wheaton (except he never got nasty ;). The girl reminded me of Robyn in Himym (Cobie Smulders). Wikipediaing her it comes as no surprise they found somebody that was both an actress and a music talent (apart from being real pretty).

I see the AV Club called the ep "middling". The reviewer must have forgotten it's not easy to do even a simple drama like this without failing at some stage. This ep didn't. Probably the season's best, even if it (of course) never had any suspense or excitement.

Plus we got Adrianne Palicki's secret talent!

Last edited:

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I remember Ray Kurzweil talking about using AI to do something like what Gordon did. His father kept journals and notes on everything. Along with his fathers photos and music, Ray thought he could bring his father back to life via a computer simulation. I think he's still working on it. Knowing this bit of trivia helped me enjoy the episode more. I already liked it, but I felt it gave a real world connection. Also I recognized Tim Russ' voice before seeing him. I got excited. TUVOK!! The smoking moclans was hilarious and I felt they would come to blows at some point.

Ryujin

Legend
Back on topic, this episode was great. For once, the melancholy ending felt earned.

Greg was like a mix between Gordon (or, I guess, Scott Grimes) and Wil Wheaton (except he never got nasty ;). The girl reminded me of Robyn in Himym (Cobie Smulders). Wikipediaing her it comes as no surprise they found somebody that was both an actress and a music talent (apart from being real pretty).

I see the AV Club called the ep "middling". The reviewer must have forgotten it's not easy to do even a simple drama like this without failing at some stage. This ep didn't. Probably the season's best, even if it (of course) never had any suspense or excitement.

Plus we got Adrianne Palicki's secret talent!

The best stories are about people. Technology just facilitates them :)

Remove ads