The Orville Season Two - Thoughts?

Ryujin

Legend
The face guns made me cringe, and I don't do that often. I'd rather forearm blasters or a shoulder gun. When they were landing I was picturing Dromand Kas from Star Wars The Old Republic. Funny how I thought about Cybermen when I saw them all walking around. Star Wars, Doctor Who, some of us are seeing the same influences.

Keeping the crew alive seems like a tactical error they would not make. They slaughtered their makers, which didn't surprise me. There had to be an egg before the chicken.

Regarding the mistake, it's likely written in to enhance their racial superiority complex.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The face guns made me cringe, and I don't do that often. I'd rather forearm blasters or a shoulder gun.

I felt it underlined we’ll that they didn’t care about human notions of aesthetics.

Unlike thes pebble they put around the pillars of their buildings, that is. They looked nice.

It will be interesting to see if they keep Isaac or not, or if the Kaylons become a longer lasting threat. The “big bad” even, with the Krill being a reluctant ally.
Or hard reset button. Who knows.

CapnZapp

Legend
Speculation Time!

1. It's all a Test. Simulation ending, it didn't really happen. But congrats for passing the test, yada yada. Worst ending, prevents part 1 from being great in retrospect.
2. Jeff Goldblum makes a guest appearance to download a virus to the "core modem" or some such nonsense. Kaylon self-combusts. Isaac is alone, but rejoins his new family. Second worst ending, since the bad guys centralized everything and still provided an easy access hatch. Again. Sheesh.
3. Isaac find his inner human and talks down his fellow countrymen. Using emotions. Okayish - but yawn. It would ruin the anti-Data approach they've taken Isaac in, that <s>he</s> it really is a machine.
4. The crew manage to prove to the Kaylons they have evolved and that no further violence is necessary. Kind of like when Q put Picard & Co on trial for the crimes of humanity. Much more interesting ending since it means the Union turns the other cheek. "Shouldn't we avenge our fallen?" "Will Kaylon ever attack us again?"
5. Isaac becomes a villain (even if only for the rest of the season). And oh, the crew somehow manages to stay alive (that part is so obvious it's the least interesting bit).

What sort of ending do you prefer? :)

Remove ads