Starfinder Paizo Product Roundup: Starfinder & Pathfinder Adventure Paths, Runelords, Alien Archive

Happy new year, Paizo fans! We’re back up and running over here on the Paizo beat, and just bursting at the seams with all sorts of news coming direct from the Golem. There’s plenty of little toys and nifty knickknacks here to send to your gaming friends just in case you missed them over the holidays. Let’s get down to business!

It looks like we’re starting the new year off right with a brand-new Starfinder Adventure Path! Starfinder Adventure Path #13: Fire Starters is the first of the Dawn of Flame Adventure Path, which sees a return to form for Paizo in the shape of a six-episode AP. Your heroes find themselves in a city on the sun this time, just after a portal to the Plane of Fire disappears and a telepathic burst starts making the locals break out into fits of ultra-violence! Can you return the city to order? What strange device came through the portal just before it closed? DID YOU PACK YOUR COOL SHADES?! Find out in DAWN OF FLAME EPISODE 1: FIRE STARTERS!

Speaking of Adventure Paths, Pathfinder is also kicking off the new year with a new AP. Pathfinder Adventure Path #139: The Dead Roads is the first chapter of the Tyrant’s Grasp Adventure Path, which thrusts 1st-level characters into a situation almost completely out of their control – and definitely out of their league! A cataclysm has trapped your heroes in the Boneyard, the demiplane where souls are judged after death – but you aren’t dead yet! Can you negotiate the treacherous and alien minds of the soul-shepherding psychopomps and negotiate your freedom? Will the nightmarish landscape of the dead consume your souls? CAN YOU RESIST PLAYING MEAT LOAF WHEN YOU FINALLY BREAK FREE?! Find out in THE TYRANT’S GRASP EPISODE 1: THE DEAD ROADS!

Now, on to a more serious voice. The Return of the Runelords Adventure Path seemed to go off swimmingly with y’all, or maybe this is just something that Paizo likes to do with all of its Adventure Paths. In either case, you now have a chance to treat your GM (or your players) to some professional cartography with the Return of the Runelords Map Folio. Large, poster-sized maps depict two urban centers from that Adventure Path, and the third and final map is a representation of the ancient nation of Thassilon. I’d say that three full-color poster-sized maps are a steal at the price they’re going for, so treat yo self for this coming year and get something to hang on the wall.
What’s next in this bag of presents? Aha, even more little sprinkles for your game-cake! Ok, sorry, the metaphors are slipping, let’s focus. If you liked the Starfinder Alien Archive 2 and you can’t wait to put all those horrible monsters into your game, you’re in for a treat! The Starfinder Alien Archive 2 Pawn Box is now available, giving you over 300 tokens with which to scatter over your table like a dragon’s hoard. Made of out sturdy cardstock for easy storage, these pawns come (as always) with plastic bases for easy use on the battlemap. Looks like they even have some starships too!

Well, that about does it for this edition of the Paizo News Roundup, folks! What are you most excited for in the new year? Let us know in the comments! I gotta say I’m always looking to give my players new toys to bash around, so the Pawn Boxes are always going to catch my eye. That said, I also enjoy just basking in the professionalism and craft of their experienced cartographers.

This article was contributed by Ben Reece (LongGoneWriter) as part of EN World's Columnist (ENWC) program. If you enjoy the daily news and articles from EN World, please consider contributing to our Patreon!

Ben Reece

Ben Reece

zubalove

First Post
This is it. The final AP of PF1. I read somewhere that the final installment will utilize Mythic rules in some way, but I'm not sure if that's true.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases