tail wags dog: streamers want to say 'aaargh' so we are getting a pirate adventure

Dessert Nomad

Adventurer
Back on the original topic of this thread, do streamers actually limit themselves to only recent published modules? I thought Critical Role did a lot of homebrew stuff, but I've never gotten into watching any of them so maybe I'm wrong. If they don't limit themselves to modules that WOTC put out recently, then why would a desire to say 'Aaargh' motivate them to push WOTC to release a seafaring supplement? Couldn't they just grab one of the many existing 5e modules or conversions (Isle of Dread, for example) and 'aaarrrggh' away without waiting for a new release?

I really don't get this whole 'tail wagging the dog' idea.

5ekyu

Hero
Back on the original topic of this thread, do streamers actually limit themselves to only recent published modules? I thought Critical Role did a lot of homebrew stuff, but I've never gotten into watching any of them so maybe I'm wrong. If they don't limit themselves to modules that WOTC put out recently, then why would a desire to say 'Aaargh' motivate them to push WOTC to release a seafaring supplement? Couldn't they just grab one of the many existing 5e modules or conversions (Isle of Dread, for example) and 'aaarrrggh' away without waiting for a new release?

I really don't get this whole 'tail wagging the dog' idea.
Yup, they use whateer they want - varies by table - own sub-classes or classes or whatever.

Not much substance to this argument or conspiracy beyond post hoc ergo proctor hoc.

Remove ads