All the Star Trek, Always, Forever- Interested?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'll just get it on Netflix!

I really enjoyed Discovery. Can't wait for S2. It looks awesome. PIKE! SPOCK! THE ENTERPRISE! :)

Janx

Hero
I think it may be possible to over-Trek us. If they spread it out so there's always new trek at any given time, like the Shorts, that's cool. But 3 trek shows at once? overload. And I love trek. I just got another Trek Crate....

Back to Disco...
I've read some of the books, and in several, the Enterprise and Spock make an appearance. These took place before the Disco series.

Some of that sibling baggage had been hashed out already between Spock and Michael. I have no clue if the books are bound into the continuity or not.

What I didn't expect from the season 1 ending is for Pike to assume command of Disco. He's got his own ship. Disco was on its way to pick up a new captain, and I assume Pike would be in command of Enterprise at least until Kirk took over shortly before the series (about a year or so, I looked it up some time ago). I guess that only matters if you paid close attention the timeline, something Disco seems lax on.

I'm sure the new season will be fine to watch. But that's the nitpicky stuff I picked up on.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Not me.

And it’s not about amount or quality of ST. I just have zero interest in paying for individual channels.

Same. I'll watch something on Hulu or Netflix, but I'm never going to pay for CBS all access, or the Disney streaming service, or any such nonsense. I hope they all fail miserably. I'd rather have less content, in a world with too much good content to ever actually watch while maintaining a life as it is, than pay for a single channel, ever.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I'll just get it on Netflix!

Sure. Rub it in, whydon'tcha. :7

I really enjoyed Discovery. Can't wait for S2. It looks awesome. PIKE! SPOCK! THE ENTERPRISE! :)

I love Trek, dearly. Up until ST:Disco I have watched every episode of live-action trek ever produced. But, I didn't want to support the idea that I'd pay for a whole streaming service for just one show, so I have yet to see any of it.

But, on the flip side, giving me a *ton* of Trek doesn't help, if that Trek is crappy. I would prefer them to *slowly* build out, proving as they go that they can maintain quality. Dicso. Then Picard (which is not a reboot, it is a continuation). Then another, if the quality is still high...

Because... Enterprise was such a missed opportunity. They had good actors. They had people who knew what to do with the show (in Manny Coto - the show zoomed in the right direction when they gave him the reins), but they gave us the Temporal Cold War drek.

I don't want Star Drek. Tons of Star Drek is unappealing. Prove to me that it won't be Star Drek before you produce an avalanche of it.

I can be okay with Pike, because we have very little about him. Spock? I love Spock, but I am not convinced that's the untold story that really needs attention.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases