Roleplaying Game Table Sizes

snerney

First Post
Hey there,
What is your preferred RPG game table size for 6 people?
And links to where you've purchased are most welcome.
Right now our table is far too big and players can't reach the map mat.
Not looking for the $1500 massive setup, just a comfortable size and price, possibly a smaller table with a preferred size of plywood on top.

Thanks for the recommendations.

AndromedaRPG

Explorer
I use a 8' X 4' table. I apologize, I cannot provide a link as I actually built it at home (MDF board laying around, some 3X3 wood that I got off a old pallet at work, purchased some wheels to move the thing around).

I have found that it fits 7 well. The two people at the head positions sometimes have difficulty reaching, but that is about it.

Ferox4

First Post
We have used an 8' x 4' sheet of 3/4" plywood on either a dining room table or on a set of sawhorses. Plenty of room for 6-7 players. DM has a separate card table set up for all their stuff.

ccs

41st lv DM
At the shop we use a pair of 6x2 or 8x2 white folding plastic tables from (walmart/costco/target? - probably costco) depending upon the group size.

At home its a 6x4 dining room table picked up cheap at a garage sale.
Fits the space & only has to seat 4-5.

pogre

Legend
We have used an 8' x 4' sheet of 3/4" plywood on either a dining room table or on a set of sawhorses. Plenty of room for 6-7 players. DM has a separate card table set up for all their stuff.
Count_Zero said:
We use a couple of big plastic folding tables from Costco side-by-side which work nicely.

A combination of these:
I use a 4' x 8' 3/4 inch sheet of plywood covered in felt sitting on top of a large plastic table. I use a lot of terrain and wish I had a slightly larger table, but I'm a little too lazy to make it a priority.

Ferox4

First Post
A combination of these:
I use a 4' x 8' 3/4 inch sheet of plywood covered in felt sitting on top of a large plastic table. I use a lot of terrain and wish I had a slightly larger table, but I'm a little too lazy to make it a priority.

I didn't elaborate on my earlier post. I hinged the tabletop in the middle (recessed the hinges on the underside) to make it 4' x 4' when folded. Also the playing surface is covered in 1" x 1" squares (paper) with an acetate cover for dry erase use. If I were to do it again I would simply use some dry erase grids to eliminate the acetate (tends to wrinkle & tear over time).

practicalm

Explorer
I have a big group so we use 3 folding tables. (2 parallel and 1 perpendicular for the GM)
We can get 10 or more people around it.

GreyLord

Legend
For RPG gaming, I prefer something smaller. At largest I would have a 3x4 table and that's for a group of 8+ people. For a standard group of 3-4 players, a card table or around a coffee table is best for me. More important would be comfort.

Rather than around the table, a coffee table for papers and a bunch of sofa's, recliners and other seating is FAR more important to me.

I suppose it helps if you use theater of the mind rather than grids and minis in this type of setup.

Now if boardgaming it's a different picture (I use a 6x8 table).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases