Printer Tech Support

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Printer Tech Support

Maybe more like Windows 10 issue. I'm struggling to get my aunt's Windows 10 desktop to print over wifi on a HP printer. My Windows 10 laptop gets the same results. When attempting to print a message comes up saying attention required. No further info is given. The computers see the printer. I can print a test page but nothing else. I tried a fresh install of drivers. I've tried direct TCP/IP connections. Those were suggestions on HP's site. USB connection works fine. Printer cable is not long enough so I have it daisy chained with USB extensions. A cable is not long term solution because it's in the way.

And yes, I've tried turning it on and off.

Lama (Lvl 13)

Have you tried another wifi network? Seriously. Try making a hotspot with your phone and see if it works any better.
    XP Aeson gave XP for this post

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

I'll give that a shot. I use my phone as a hot spot all the time. I didn't think to try that. If it works then the problem could be the network. It's not a fix though. I can only do it as part of the dianostic. My aunts are not going to go through the hassle of a hotspot when they want to print. I will try it to see if it changes anything. Thank you for the suggestion.

Quick Reply Quick Reply