Choose One Cantrip You'd Like In Real Life

Choose One Cantrip You'd Like In Real Life

pukunui

Legend
As a (former stay-at-home) parent with young children, prestidigitation wins by a mile. It would make my life so much easier in so many ways, especially when it comes to cleaning up after and entertaining my kids!

Last edited:

Li Shenron

Legend
I'd be tempted to vote Guidance because it's broken, I mean because it's statistically the most effective on the long term. But I would then become addicted to cast it every minute whatever I'd be about to do.

I might also look at Friends which has enormous potential IRL (I'd immediately think about getting a raise...), but somewhat feels too much like cheating on other people, and I am not that kind of person.

Mending would be a very honest and useful choice, I would certainly need it multiple times per day... I would almost choose this one...

...but ultimately I would give in and take Spare the Dying. I have never been in such situation in my life, but if I ever was, saving one single person would be worth more than anything.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
As a (former stay-at-home) parent with young children, prestidigitation wins by a mile. It would make my life so much easier in so many ways, especially when it comes to cleaning up after and entertaining my kids!

I've been wondering about that...and I am not convinced the spell works like that. It has a duration of one hour, and you can have up to three of its non-instantaneous effects active at a time. Doesn't that mean at the end of the hour whatever effects you used return to what they were before? Doesn't the cleaned item become dirty again an hour later?

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I might also look at Friends which has enormous potential IRL (I'd immediately think about getting a raise...), but somewhat feels too much like cheating on other people, and I am not that kind of person.

Your boss would become outright hostile to you one minute later!

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I've been wondering about that...and I am not convinced the spell works like that. It has a duration of one hour, and you can have up to three of its non-instantaneous effects active at a time. Doesn't that mean at the end of the hour whatever effects you used return to what they were before? Doesn't the cleaned item become dirty again an hour later?
Cleaning is one of the instant effects. It lists the effects and durations in the examples.

pukunui

Legend
It's only the chilled/warmed/flavored non-living material and the color/mark/symbol on a surface that have a duration of up to 1 hour. The other effects are either instantaneous or indefinite.

Last edited:

Remove ads