Spider-Man: Far From Home Teaser

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
[video=youtube;VUFmhKpZKlE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUFmhKpZKlE[/video]

That's a rather long teaser, I do have to say.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I'm glad they did a comics-accurate costume for Mysterio - including the fishbowl helmet and cape - though I must admit that other than illusions and gas I havent really got a handle on just what Mysterio can do?

For instance are the Elementals just Illusions or something more?

Im also surprised the trailer gave a clear A-B-C for the plot, i hope that means there will be unexpected plot twists and cameo surprises other than Nick Fury

it looks fun like a theme park ride at the moment

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I'm glad they did a comics-accurate costume for Mysterio - including the fishbowl helmet and cape - though I must admit that other than illusions and gas I havent really got a handle on just what Mysterio can do?

Classically - illusions are what he does.

For instance are the Elementals just Illusions or something more?

Well, again classically, there's a group of extradimensional villains from the comics called the Elementals. We have the basic question of whether they are actually here, or if they are something Mysterio cooked up for him to be a hero fighting.

Im also surprised the trailer gave a clear A-B-C for the plot, i hope that means there will be unexpected plot twists and cameo surprises other than Nick Fury

I don't expect other cameos of note, as they won't want to reveal who survives Avengers: Endgame. Plot twists? With Mysterio? If they have half a sense of the character, count on it.

carolpegram

First Post
Great Trailer

I really like the appearance of Jake Gyllenhaal. And of course the appearance of Nick Fury. I think that movie would be great. There would be a lot of action there.
spider-man-far-from-home-759.jpg

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Some online are saying that Spider-Man/Peter Parker got into the illusion BEFORE Nick Fury shows up (cause he is part of the illusion - could still be "dead"), and a reason the Spider-senses did not go off.

We don't see enough to know if his senses engaged.

And, Peter went to ash in the Big Snap too. If Peter is back, there's no known reason for Fury to not be back.

And if the fight with the elementals are part of the illusion or part of reality.

Yes, it could be Mysterio makes illusions of villains, and then fights the illusions. Or, it is possible that the Elementals and Mysterio are all bad, but after the same thing - in the comics the Elementals were trying to recover a mystical item. Maybe Mysterio also wants it, and they are fighting over it.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Some online are saying that Spider-Man/Peter Parker got into the illusion BEFORE Nick Fury shows up (cause he is part of the illusion - could still be "dead"), and a reason the Spider-senses did not go off.
That would make Mysterio somewhat more powerful than I remember him being, but sure, let's take the theory all the way in that direction: Spidey actually isn't on Earth. He's still out there, really Far From Home.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases