Robert Schwalb releases his version of Warlord

Robert Schwalb, who designed one of my favorite games (Shadow of the Demon Lord), with a version...

Robert Schwalb, who designed one of my favorite games (Shadow of the Demon Lord), with a version of one of my favorite classes? Sold.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Veteran game designer Robert Schwalb (Dungeons & Dragons, Shadow of the Demon Lord, Judge Dredd & The Worlds of 2000 AD) has created his own version of the Warlord class, which is available over on DriveThruRPG.

264030.png

It's a 10-page Charisma-based class, d10 hit die, with abilities like Commanding Presence (damage bonus to nearby allies) and Battlefield Command, along with a range of subclasses such as the Resourceful Leader and the Hordemaster.

"The time for battle is now! Monsters tumble out of the dark, wicked drow hatch vile plots, demons eager to invade the Material Plane clamor at the edges of reality, and bizarre aberrations pursue mad agendas that will plunge the world and all the planes into chaos. The people need champions to throw back the darkness, to take the fight to the dread enemies, and thwart their evil designs. While adventurers of all kinds answer the call to battle, from courageous fighters to cunning rogues, fell wizards and wise clerics, they aren’t the only ones capable of take a brave stand. Joining them is a new breed of warrior: those brilliant tacticians and inspiring leaders known as warlords. These battle-hardened champions lead the charge into combat and through their insights, tricks, and stratagems, they enable all who fight at their sides to achieve their full potential to triumph in the face of any adversity.

Call to Arms: The Warlord returns a popular archetype from older editions of the world’s most popular roleplaying game to the present. First and foremost a leader, warlords aid their allies through their design and implementation of brilliant combat plans. A welcome addition to any group, warlords can help turn the tide of battle, snatching ultimate victory from the jaws of certain defeat!"

Attachments

• 264030.png
    264030.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 24,643

G

Guest 6801328

Does this mean we don't need any more threads asking for Warlord?

Sold.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I am interested to have a loom at his version of the warlord. I read on Reddit there were a couple of problems with it but still I think it is worth checking out for myself.

Remove ads

Remove ads