Color Maps for Virtual Tabletops by Me
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Color Maps for Virtual Tabletops by Me

Hi, everyone! First time poster . I'm an artist by profession and one of my dearest hobbies is role-playing. I find nothing quite beats being around a table with friends playing an RPG and make memories that will last us all a lifetime.

I've recently started to make more elaborate maps for our group and one of the suggestions was to post them on the Internet for everyone to use. So far the response has been very positive so I thought you guys might enjoy them too. Do let me know if you have any suggestions for future maps too!

Thank you for taking a look!

Edit: You can find all my latest maps here.

Name:  GraveyardR1.png
Views: 1379
Size:  2.84 MB

Name:  CryptU1.png
Views: 595
Size:  2.09 MB

Name:  CampsiteLakeU2.png
Views: 599
Size:  2.80 MB

Name:  CDungeonU.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  984.6 KB

Name:  SnowyMountainsU.jpg
Views: 569
Size:  1.18 MB
    Last edited by DrMapzo; Tuesday, 22nd January, 2019 at 03:05 AM.
    XP CydKnight, iserith, Azzy, vpuigdoller, epithet and 12 others gave XP for this post

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

More Maps!
    Name:  RuinsForestU.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  1.25 MB
    Name:  ForestyIslandsU.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  1.27 MB
    Name:  RiverU.png
Views: 523
Size:  2.38 MB
    Name:  TownU.png
Views: 560
Size:  2.93 MB
    XP Raith5, Quickleaf, Harzel, CydKnight, N/A and 6 others gave XP for this post

WhosDaDungeonMaster
    Very nice graphics!

I would use stuff like this, but I have way too many encounters in too many different locations to benefit from such things. Thanks for posting, though, they really are very nice.

Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

Nice! I'll keep this in mind when I run my next D&D game.

I really like the style... its quite unique. I bet it will really pop on the tabletop.

WhosDaDungeonMaster
    Since you asked for suggestions, what I would like are some generic map pieces, such as the following:

a forest setting
    a 10' wide corridor (so I could copy and paste it to different lengths)
    walls and floors for caverns, dungeons, buildings, etc.

With some generic pieces, I could use them to build up my encounter settings nicely.

These are great, my favourite is the 2nd map with the coffin in the center of the room.
    Nice detail and really useful.

Lama (Lvl 13)

Ya, I could definitely use some of these for my campaigns, thanks for sharing!

Are you able to quickly reproduce versions without non-terrain objects? For instance, a version of the winter map without the tipped cart and barrels?

The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

Thanks for sharing And I too like your style. Unique and colorful, a nice change from all the dark and brooding maps

Myself, and many others I know, prefer maps without grids on them for VTT use (both Roll20 and Fantasy Grounds). And then to help align the program grids to the maps, putting an off-color 5ft square in one of the left corners helps us align them.
    XP Nevvur gave XP for this post

The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Thanks for sharing And I too like your style. Unique and colorful, a nice change from all the dark and brooding maps

Myself, and many others I know, prefer maps without grids on them for VTT use (both Roll20 and Fantasy Grounds). And then to help align the program grids to the maps, putting an off-color 5ft square in one of the left corners helps us align them.
    As a long-time user of VTT as well, I definitely agree here. Maps for VTT benefit from not having the grids on them. Just make the map align to a certain dimension* and then say what it is. The user then sets up the map to that size and then is done. This allows the user to operate without a grid, use a different grid color, or add their own terrain objects without disrupting the grid.

*For the dimensions, setting out the dpi and making sure the map dimensions are a multiple of that makes it much easier for a user. A 32x20 map at 100 dpi that is 3200x2000 pixels is super easy to use and handles zooming in fairly well. The user drops the image onto a 32x20 space in the VTT and is done.

EDIT: And the art style is lovely too. Makes me think of Wakfu.

Quick Reply Quick Reply