How Many RPG Books Do You Own?

So I've just spent the last few days cataloging in an Excel spreadsheet all of the hard copy RPG books I own. It was quite an interesting exercise.

I was a little surprised to find that I have 253 RPG books in my collection across about a dozen different systems. If each book cost me an average of $40 AUD ($29 USD), that would be a bit over $10k I've spent on those books. In reality, my average spend is probably much higher than that as I've got some expensive items like Ptolus, Horror on the Orient Express (Kickstarter edition) and The Blight in my collection, which were all over $100 USD each. And let's not even get into my digital RPG collection! :eek:

It was surprising to see the page count for each system. For example, I've got 2,000 pages of Feng Shiu books (a rules light RPG!), nearly 2,500 pages of CoC books and 2,700 pages of Paranoia books. The biggest page count by far is my 3.E/3.5E D&D collection. If I only count WotC books, I have 10,000 pages alone, with 3rd party publishers contributing another 11,000 pages on top of that!

The jewels in my collection are probably my 4 volume set of the Encyclopedia Magic from 2E D&D, Monte Cook's Ptolus (gorgeous book) and the 624 pages of trappy-goodness in Grimtooth's Ultimate Traps Collection.

So what about yourself? How many books have you got in your collection and what are your most treasured items?

ccs

41st lv DM
I don't know. Alot.
How many RPG books (average size = 5e PHB) fit normally in 64' of bookshelf? That's almost how much I've got RPG wise.

I don't know. Alot.
How many RPG books (average size = 5e PHB) fit normally in 64' of bookshelf? That's almost how much I've got RPG wise.

So I've got a 4ft wide bookshelf that fits about 65 hardcover books roughly PHB size. So 64ft is 16 times that amount. So that would be 1,040 books!

Lots and lots. Not gonna lie, I don't want to count them.

I was actually surprised to find that I had that many hard copy books. Most of them fit on a 7ft x 4ft bookcase, so it didn't seem like that many. I'm tempted to see how many electronic RPG books I have, but I'm slightly scared to know the number. It would definitely be a lot more than the number of hard copy books I have.

ccs

41st lv DM
So I've got a 4ft wide bookshelf that fits about 65 hardcover books roughly PHB size. So 64ft is 16 times that amount. So that would be 1,040 books!

Hm. That sounds high.
Maybe if all the miniature war-gaming books/editions of were included in that # - but no, they take up their own dedicated bookshelf.
Anyways, the RPG stuff takes up about 15.5 shelves (I've still got enough space to last until 6e I figure :)) split between 4 bookshelves.
Might have to measure my shelves.... It'll still be a large #.

Hm. That sounds high.
Maybe if all the miniature war-gaming books/editions of were included in that # - but no, they take up their own dedicated bookshelf.
Anyways, the RPG stuff takes up about 15.5 shelves (I've still got enough space to last until 6e I figure :)) split between 4 bookshelves.
Might have to measure my shelves.... It'll still be a large #.
All I can tell you is my 4ft wide shelf fits 65 hardcover 3.xE or 5E D&D books. It’s surprising as it doesn’t look like that many books until you actually count them.

D

DQDesign

more or less 300 printed products divided among five bookcases in two houses.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases