Pages From The Upcoming Nautical D&D Book!

These screencaps were posted by GM Leigh (of Mage Productions) on Twitter after being showed on WotC's Twitch stream, presented by Kate Welch and Nathan Stewart. Note the old Saltmarsh trilogy references!

These screencaps were posted by GM Leigh (of Mage Productions) on Twitter after being showed on WotC's Twitch stream, presented by Kate Welch and Nathan Stewart. Note the old Saltmarsh trilogy references!

1.jpg
2.jpg

Parmandur

Book-Friend
So, Chris Perkins walked to Bart Carroll's home office to record the Lore You Should Know segment all about the 'Sea Devils."

Went over the U series modules, the ecological and sociological structure, where you might find them, etc. Discussed mutations, and some examples based on the MM entry. Talked about novels the Sahuagin appeared in, how to use them as a DM. Nothing too revelatory.

Count me among the numbers that can't wait for WotC to release this 'seasickness handbook' as it's been, erm, tastefully(?) dubbed in another thread. I keep checking the WotC site for a release date. I'm more excited for this one than my prior most-eagerly-anticipated release: Xanathar's. Let's go!

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you
It used to be "sa-HWA-gin" which I much prefer myself.
Yep. Not sure why they changed it. All the old pronunciation guides had sa-HWA-gin, as did the voice-overs in Dungeons & Dragons Online, which is where I learned how to pronounce it.

Ash Mantle

Adventurer
Official pronunciation per D&D Beyond is "sa-HU-a-gin" (with a hard g). It was a bit odd hearing Matt Mercer say it though.
It used to be "sa-HWA-gin" which I much prefer myself.
Yep. Not sure why they changed it. All the old pronunciation guides had sa-HWA-gin, as did the voice-overs in Dungeons & Dragons Online, which is where I learned how to pronounce it.
I basically call them "sa-hooligans".

epithet

Explorer
So, Chris Perkins walked to Bart Carroll's home office to record the Lore You Should Know segment all about the 'Sea Devils."

Went over the U series modules, the ecological and sociological structure, where you might find them, etc. Discussed mutations, and some examples based on the MM entry. Talked about novels the Sahuagin appeared in, how to use them as a DM. Nothing too revelatory.

Where are you seeing this? I'm not finding it on YouTube or among the twitch videos from today.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
the perspective of having two entire hardcover official wotc books focused on boats, oars and seasickness and zero for, let say, Eberron is totally nonsense for me.

I can't really believe the market needs hundreds of pages about those topics, especially hundreds of pages batched in two volumes in a row. but given the enthusiastically feedback which airs, for example, here, I m most probably wrong.

Saltmarsh is not mostly about boats and seasickness. It's one of the greatest series of adventures ever. There are some who say it was the best beginner adventure ever. I know you're disappointed that this isn't something else, but I think you have this one pegged wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads

Remove ads