Pages From The Upcoming Nautical D&D Book!

These screencaps were posted by GM Leigh (of Mage Productions) on Twitter after being showed on WotC's Twitch stream, presented by Kate Welch and Nathan Stewart. Note the old Saltmarsh trilogy references!

These screencaps were posted by GM Leigh (of Mage Productions) on Twitter after being showed on WotC's Twitch stream, presented by Kate Welch and Nathan Stewart. Note the old Saltmarsh trilogy references!

1.jpg
2.jpg

Satyrn

First Post
No deal as in you’re just not gonna buy it? No deal as in you’re going to stop them from making it? Or what?

Maybe it's no deal as in "well of course I'm still gonna buy it, but I'm certainly not gonna play it."

Or is it just me that's done that?

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
No deal as in you’re just not gonna buy it? No deal as in you’re going to stop them from making it? Or what?

I've seen this sort of post before about previous products from different posters. I get a feeling that it's—because this product doesn't specifically cater to the poster, that it shouldn't have been made, WotC should feel bad for making it, and everyone else on the internet should care because of feelings of self-importance.

I mean, it's okay to not like every product (I certainly don't)... Just remember WotC isn't creating product specifically for (general) you, and not everyone cares if a product doesn't meet with (general) your personal approval—just don't buy the thing and move on.

Of course I could be completely off-base on this particular post, but it's certainly the impression that I get.

IchneumonWasp

Explorer
What I would really like to see are some mini-settings. A mini setting in this book would be pretty cool.

(Ravnica was a fantastic mix of what I would like to see going forward. I don't play Magic; I am never likely to run a Ravnica game, but that book was so inspiring as a DM. There is so much in there I want to borrow. One of my favourite 5E books by far. If this is a water setting done the same way, I will be happy).

I'd be interested in that as well. It would certainly fit my play style and would allow me to place some location/region right into my game world.

And I also completely agree with you about Ravnica. It's a really amazing book if you give it a chance. The factions are really flavourful and easy to adapt.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Cool. Of all the "classic" modules, I've never so much as seen the U series. Would be loads of fun to give it a whirl.
It's a really good mini-adventure path, and includes a lot of stuff not regularly seen in D&D adventures, despite everything in it being around since the OD&D days.

EDIT: Well, there's one element that came after the OD&D booklets. (Spoiler) There's an illusionist in the series, and those only showed up in The Dragon. They then made the leap to a rulebook in the 1E PHB. Still, everything in the U series dates back to, the 1E PHB or earlier. Pretty classic stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
Greg Tito said they would announce this book "in about a month" pretty close to a month ago, so I expect something will happen soon.

Over the past week we've had the snowiest month in 50 years. Yes, one week but more snow than any month for 50 years. The next pass at the Artificer was delayed. A couple streaming shows were skipped. The Renton School District (home of WotC) hasn't had a full school day in a week and was cancelled several days in that stretch.

Remove ads

Remove ads