The Alliance of American Football

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I wonder what they mean when they talk about the league as a whole like that. I pictured the teams being responsible for their own money. You don't expect The NFL to pay the quarterback or the team trainers. Were those involved with the teams safe? Those in trouble of not being paid are the referees and others that don't work for the teams, but the league itself like Hines Ward. Then again, this is the main reason I hear Notre Dame doesn't want their football team in a conference. They don't want to share their money. The conferences spread the money made from things like bowl games to help smaller struggling schools.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I suspect that the AAF is set up in some ways like the other American pro sports leagues- doing business as a giant organization with “teams” being owned only in part by the owners. That lets the league act in unity on certain issues and control who can join without running afoul of antitrust regulations. But in the AAF, control may be more centralized.

That will give them more power to keep salaries under control. That would mean that instead of individual teams floundering financially or getting windfall after windfall, the AAF succeeds or fails as a whole. That may even translate to more parity on the field.

Zardnaar

Legend
Scary thing is Vince McMahon might be able to deliver multiple seasons with his XFL. Gonna need deep pockets short term with a new league.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases