2-hour adventures

My 2 players and I usually have very short periods to play so we enjoyed the adventure "Winter's splendor" that is given for free in the latest edition of Dragon+. This adventure caught my attention becuase it mentiones that it is to be played in 2~4hours, which is accurate.

Do you know about other so short adventures that can be completed in 2~3hrs?

I know we could split larger adventures into several sessions but we play sparringly so it is better if it can all fit into one session.

AriochQ

Adventurer
If you look through the Adventurer's League section of dmsguild.com you will find several 2 hour adventures. Often they are listed as 2-4 hours as they can be played in as short as 2, or played with added content to stretch them to 4. They are becoming more popular since they work better for convention play.

Thank you, I will check it out both Morrus´s Patreon and Adventurer's League section of dmsguild.com!

We did play the Business of Emotion as published by 5nsider and had great fun, but the final outcome was disastrous, the cauldron fell into the river, the witch escaped, and Lanidor´s forest got irrevocably corrupted…

ClaytonCross

Kinder reader Inflection wanted
2-hour adventures are a lie. My party can talk out 3 hours of planning we don't end up using any of, and despite it only taking 10 minutes to actually complete, after 8 hours of play, having promised our families we would only play for 2-3 hours, and having stopped to email, SMS, and call for extensions from our wives twice, under the mental illusions that our wives thought we were actually going to stop when we said we would, somehow be in less trouble with there permission, even thought they had already planned for us not to be home for 12 hours and figured out how we were going to pay them back for being late a week before the game ever took place.

Last edited:

Li Shenron

Legend
I have used the old free WotC "web adventures" of the 3e era to keep 5e games easily within 2-3 hours. Tho this is maybe a little longer than your wishes, I have typically used them for the very first session with newbies to D&D, so if you use them with players who already know the rules I think they can take half time.

The only problem is those web adventures were removed from WotC website a decade ago... but maybe you can still find them.

2-hour adventures are a lie. My party can talk out 3 hours of planning we don't end up using any of, and despite it only taking 10 minutes to actually complete, after 8 hours of play, having promised our families we would only play for 2-3 hours, and having stopped to email, SMS, and call for extensions from our wives twice, under the mental illusions that our wives thought we were actually going to stop when we said we would, somehow be in less trouble with there permission, even thought they had already planned for us not to be home for 12 hours and figured out how we were going to pay them back for being late a week before the game ever took place.

I miss very much the time in which we were 7~10 persons at the table meeting weekly, taking turns to DM/GM and playing multiple stories simultaneously. We had some epic campaigns. Those days are long gone and it has been hard for me get the 2 players I have now. Neither of them is interested in GM and it is clear that I am the most invested in the game. We meet rarely and time is always very limited. If the full story isn’t finished that same day it is destined to remain unfinished, but short stories have worked surprisingly well. Hopefully in the future my situation will change, but for now I need to make the most of what I have.

Remove ads