WOIN NEW - Effects of Zero-G on untrained PCs

Hi - about to start a SciFi game and, in the first encounter, the PCs are suddenly put in Zero G. This is fine for those PCs (two of the five) that have astronaut training (Spacewalker exploit), but what would be the effect - game mechanically - on the three "ground grippers"? My initial thoughts were that they would need to make a Difficult AGI check when they try and move (or do anything physical) to avoid just floundering in no gravity... Is that too much?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
There’s an environmental effect in the book which deals with that.

Speed wise, it’s like any other movement mode - half speed unless and exploit says otherwise.

There’s an environmental effect in the book which deals with that.
Are you referring to NEW pp183-184? Yeah, I read that and wasn't sure how it applied to untrained people - as it says, you have to remember Newtonian physics... but my point is, untrained PCs would not know how to do the whole walk on ceilings/walls/etc., hence my thought to force an AGI check to see if they can orient themselves properly. I do like the SICK condition though...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I think that would be debilitating to the point of unfun. Half speed is enough of a penalty, I think. But your mileage may differ!

Yeah, I hear what you say. I think that one initial AGI DC10 check (the three affected PCs have 2, 3, and 4d6 in AGI) to get their bearings - allowing a retry every round if needed - then they are okay to move at 1/2 speed and with 1 action... I do want to underline the difficulty of working in zero-g else the PCs that invested in the exploits get no real benefits. Thanks for helping me get my head around this.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases