Critical Role Critical Role's Kickstarter Breaks $1,000,000 In About An Hour!

For those hoping for a new D&D cartoon, Critical Role has just launched a Kickstarter for an animated show based on their livestream campaign. It broke a million dollars in about an hour, and has 45 days left to go...

For those hoping for a new D&D cartoon, Critical Role has just launched a Kickstarter for an animated show based on their livestream campaign. It broke a million dollars in about an hour, and has 45 days left to go...

6b23fe44b487d4ab799e793103bbcb6f_original.png

"Critical Role's The Legend of Vox Machina reunites your favorite D&D heroes for a professional-quality animated special!"

Also on offer are theme song MP3s, production art prints, sticker sets, dice, playing card sets, plushies, pin sets, canvas bags, and more.

Zardnaar

Legend
Do they even have the legal rights to do a D&D movie or could this end up in the courts? I mean I can't see Warner Bros. Being okay with this or Hasbro if they aren't getting a cut of the money.

They don't have to use the D&D name, hell they could make the characters OGL and base it off Pathfinder.

Mostly I think they will do their own thing and file the edges off so the name D&D doesn't appear anywhere. The cartoon can just be about the adventurers doing whatever.

darjr

I crit!
I’d be surprised if they weren’t talking to WotC to make the whole thing work. Licensed material included or not.

Considering WotC is promoting the Kickstarter on the official D&D twitter account, I'm guessing one way or another, all legal & copyright issues are taken care of.

I'm really excited for this! Plus, several of the stretch goals are some really interesting one-shots, so that's extra bonus to tide us over for the year and half it'll take to make however many episodes get funded.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
At 1.95 Million now. That counter is just churning.

Edit: Wow okay. From the time it took me to look at the time, and then read through to the second page and type in my comment, it had made another 10k.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
$2M incoming! This is hypnotic to watch! I need to tear my eyes away! Looks like Matt Colville's record is about to be broken.

Remove ads

Remove ads