DC movie line up for the next few years

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
https://www.businessinsider.com/dc-...tails-shazam-aquaman-wonder-woman-1984-2019-3

"Shazam!" — April 5, 2019

"Joker" — October 4, 2019

"Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)" — February 7, 2020

"Wonder Woman 1984" — June 5, 2020

"The Batman" — June 25, 2021

"The Suicide Squad" — August 6, 2021

"Aquaman 2" — December 16, 2022

I haven't watched any of them except WW and Aquaman. I don't know if I'm not the target audience for this, or if I am very much the target audience - moviegoer who was turned off by grimdark Supes but like their new direction.

Shazam I have mild hopes for, but was never one of my faves so probably won't see. My *guess* is that the teaser is playing up the comedy but there are serious parts we have barely had a glimpse at. Comedy supers seems to do well, look at Ant Man 1-2, GotG 1-2, and Deadpool 1-2.

Joker on the other hand, who doesn't love The Joker? But the Suicide Squad version of him was only so-so. This I think has potential, but you need an actor who really makes it their own after so many fantastic movie Jokers over the years.

Birds of Prey I'll watch.

Sequels to the ones I liked - WW2 and A2 - I'll watch.

The Batman - didn't see Bats in any of the current iteration, the Christian Bale ones were my last. *shrug* Wait and see I guess.

Suicide Squad - not my favorites, I saw the last one on a plane while traveling.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Shazam is the only movie I'm excited about this year.

Joker might work on the acting cred of Joaquin Phoenix, but Im going in cautious

why they are still investing in a suicide sequel is beyond me, the first one was terrible

Harley Quin jumping ship to join Birds of Prey also doesnt bode well.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Very curious about Joker. I'll go see it because, hey, it's just a movie ticket and I'm curious. The worst that happens is I don't like it. But I am super curious.

ccs

41st lv DM
"Shazam!" — April 5, 2019
This I'll definitely see.

"Joker" — October 4, 2019
Pass. I've generally no interest in seeing most villains in solo movies or books (Suicide Squad being the exception). Plus the Joker has never been one of my favorite Bat-villains. I passed on Venom, I'll pass on the this one.

"Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)" — February 7, 2020
Maybe? Maybe not? Feb. is usually a dull month so more maybe than not. Also depends upon who else is in it & how it looks.

"Wonder Woman 1984" — June 5, 2020
Definitely.

"The Batman" — June 25, 2021
Probably. Unless I gotta sit through his origin story again.

"The Suicide Squad" — August 6, 2021
Maybe, maybe not. It comes out while I'm at GenCon so I definitely won't see it opening weak end. Also depends upon who's in it cast & character wise and how it looks.

"Aquaman 2" — December 16, 2022
Sweet, I get another Aquaman movie for my birthday! I'll definitely see this one.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
They have to do something fresh with The Batman. The story and the character both are getting so stale and rehashed it is really hard to get excited by it.

Shazam I suspect will work just as well as Aquaman did, and the Aquaman sequel will be fine too.

The Suicide Squad? If they learn their lessons from the first maybe it'll be ok. It's a big if.

Wonder Woman 1984 can't fail.

The Joker movie is a total crapshoot. We'll see.

Birds of Prey is the movie I am most worried about. It's the one I'm looking forward to the most, and expect the least. Everything they've shown so far has been bringing my hopes down. Really want it to succeed, but I think it'll be a spectacular failure. :(

Blue

Shazam I suspect will work just as well as Aquaman did, and the Aquaman sequel will be fine too.

Aquaman got my money because the wife wanted to see it. She has no issues telling me Jason Momoa is hunky. Don't think Shazam has got the same thing going for it. :)

Blue

Just found out that Suicide Squad is being directed by James Gunn. That increased my interest in it a great deal. It's moved from "meh/nah to probably".

Remove ads