Wizards Wednesday - ICBINITMM - Displacer Beast Alpha

ParanoydStyle

Peace Among Worlds
The Displacer Beast Pack Lord was an omission from the 5E Monster Manual that I actually missed. Displacer beasts are awesome foes and I'd love to have a version of one that's CR a-lot-more-than-3. As a matter of fact, I'm going to need a more powerful displacer beast/"boss" displacer beast for Beyond The Barrier Peaks (it plays around with the idea that certain groups of monsters, among them Displacer Beasts, Aboleths, and Mind Flayers, are actually alien species to the World of Greyhawk--very different than the 5E Monster Manual fluff of them coming from the Unseelie Court of the feywild). So this was a clear two birds, one stone situation.

Displacer-beast.jpg
Bad, Bad Kitty.

(Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that Displacer Beasts first appeared in Expedition To The Barrier Peak? Whether they did or not, they definitely act like terrifying predatory aliens in that module, almost a little like xenomorphs. On some level I'm like grrrrr...WotC...Displacer Beasts don't come from no Faerieland they come from a SPACESHIP. I don't know if there's any canonicity to that or if I've just got it in my brain as headcanon. Anyway I may want to change their type to abberation...hmm.)

aco175

Legend
" I thought that they were angels, but to my surprise. We climbed aboard their starship, we headed for the skies". Maybe Greyhawk is the 'fey' plane according to the history of FR.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases