5E Updated, Searchable, 5E SRD in Markdown Format!

Novice (Lvl 1)

Updated, Searchable, 5E SRD in Markdown Format!

Just wanted to throw this out. Some time ago I created a website and an associated GitHub page where I posted the official D&D 5E SRD reorganized into Markdown format. This allows for easier transitions to your own 5th Edition published materials.

The SRD was edited from scratch into Markdown format for portability and conversion to other formats. This is not a basic conversion as you find elsewhere, we have painstakingly converted the original Wizard's SRD PDF to markdown paragraph-by-paragraph. The original documents can be downloaded from our Cry Havoc Studio GitHub repository. Please report any issues you find through our GitHub account.

Also, a full markdown compilation is also available for download.

In addition, I just recently updated things a bit by adding several powerful search features. You can now search the D&D 5E SRD using our standard highlight search field, which highlights specific words in the entire SRD. Or use the new TNT Search, an advanced full-text on-the-fly search engine, both of these search features are located in the left-hand sidebar of the website. Lastly, you can also perform a "custom Google search" of the entire SRD, there is a link on the site to do so.

The website is located at ... https://ogl-srd5.com

This is my contribution to the RPG community. As such, there are NO ADS on the site and the website is designed to load very quickly.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by umbergerba; Saturday, 16th March, 2019 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Better Description
    XP Quartz, Dausuul, 77IM, Graylion2018 gave XP for this post

Guide (Lvl 11)

So, other than no ads, what does your site do better than the 5e SRD here?

A "Drizzit" Type-Thing (Lvl 28)

The D&D logo, name, art, etc. arent OGL. You should probably remove those from the front page of the website if youre using the OGL.

No ads is definitely appreciated!

Novice (Lvl 1)

Quote Originally Posted by Quartz View Post
    So, other than no ads, what does your site do better than the 5e SRD here?
    As it clearly states in the description, my site utilizes the markdown format, which I also have made available for download. This allows easy translation for anyone publishing their own 5E material.

Also, the search functionality on my side is greatly improved over just about any site you can find.

Novice (Lvl 1)

Quote Originally Posted by Morrus View Post
    The D&D logo, name, art, etc. arent OGL. You should probably remove those from the front page of the website if youre using the OGL.
    Actually, by permission, the website utilizes official material, images etc. from the Wizard's Fan Site Kit, as it clearly states on the bottom of the home page. Wizards created the kit just for this purpose.

Time Agent (Lvl 24)

Quote Originally Posted by umbergerba View Post
    Just wanted to throw this out. Some time ago I created a website and an associated GitHub page where I posted the official D&D 5E SRD reorganized into Markdown format. This allows for easier transitions to your own 5th Edition published materials.

The SRD was edited from scratch into Markdown format for portability and conversion to other formats. This is not a basic conversion as you find elsewhere, we have painstakingly converted the original Wizard's SRD PDF to markdown paragraph-by-paragraph. The original documents can be downloaded from our Cry Havoc Studio GitHub repository. Please report any issues you find through our GitHub account.
    Holy cow, that is amazing. Putting it all in markdown will be incredibly useful. Especially the tables - getting tabular data out of any of the usual sources is a massive PITA. This will make it a snap.

Thanks!

Novice (Lvl 1)

Quote Originally Posted by Dausuul View Post
    Holy cow, that is amazing. Putting it all in markdown will be incredibly useful. Especially the tables - getting tabular data out of any of the usual sources is a massive PITA. This will make it a snap.

Thanks!
    Welcome! No problem. I needed this done for my own future projects anyway. Enjoy!

Quick Reply Quick Reply