Larry DiTillio, RPG & TV Writer, Passes Away

After a long illness, Larry DiTillio passed on March 16th at the age of 76. There's a good chance that DiTillio was a part of your childhood or your later geeky years and not even know it. While gamers will remember him as the writer for the Origins award-winning Masks of Nyarlathotep or T&T's The Isle of Darksmoke, he also wrote for Fat Albert, two He-Man shows, She-Ra (which he created), Beast Wars and the first two seasons of Babylon 5.

ditillo.jpg

Chaosium's Michael O'Brien posted a touching tribute.

Screenshot 2019-03-17 at 19.37.06.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Tsuga C

Adventurer
Babylon V...

Order vs. Chaos and the coming of humanity into the fullness of its potential on the galactic scene. Well done.

R.I.P., good Sir.

VengerSatanis

High Priest of Kort'thalis Publishing
Didn't he write some Real Ghostbusters episodes, too? Masks of Nyarlathotep is a work of genius, and for that alone I salute you, hoss!

VS

Clansmansix

Explorer
Wow. My Sunday gaming group just started Masks of Nyaralthotep for 7th edition today. What a sad coincidence. :( We'll dedicate this to the memory of DiTillo! Cthulhu Fthagn!

Dr. Bull

Adventurer
Yep. Larry was one of my favorite authors. I am very sorry to hear of his passing.

Nyarlathotep is amazing. Larry was an excellent human being.

- Dr. Bull

Last edited by a moderator:

Von Ether

Legend
I am floored to learn how much this man has influenced the geek pop culture real estate. In a time when people are still surprised when someone goes from novel to movie and such, he was hopping from medium to medium. I'm sort of surprised he didn't squeeze in comic books.

R.I.P.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases