Why, Why, Why?

jasper

Rotten DM
As a DM, I have absolutely asked to see paperwork from players when there was something that didn’t seem right to me. As a player, I've had to show certs to people to show that my character was kosher (to be fair, an undead barbarian isn't a common thing in AL play).

The honor system works pretty well, but if there’s ever a question, having that paperwork can absolutely help you out. The reward for honesty is being trusted at a table and actually getting to play your character. I for one wouldn't want to risk being banned from an event for cheating.
I have asked too. The player shut me down with his honesty. He found a friendly AL dm. Just before Season 8 started he and a group of his friends went farming various modules and adventures. All his fighters have +1 flame tongues.
I have certs for pistols, and goblin breaking the Volo rule.

Oy, I've yet to encounter any of that, but I know that sort of thing is out there. And honestly, I'm not sure what I'd do if someone rolled up to the table all decked out - that kind of stuff can be done by the books, but it's certainly not "sportsmanlike" conduct.

I have asked too. The player shut me down with his honesty. He found a friendly AL dm. Just before Season 8 started he and a group of his friends went farming various modules and adventures. All his fighters have +1 flame tongues.

jasper

Rotten DM
Oy, I've yet to encounter any of that, but I know that sort of thing is out there. And honestly, I'm not sure what I'd do if someone rolled up to the table all decked out - that kind of stuff can be done by the books, but it's certainly not "sportsmanlike" conduct.
I took two methods to deal with them. One was either gang up on the pc (no damage to party). The other, ignore the pc and dog pile the others (damage the party). But it will balance out soon as some tier two monsters can tag him.

Remove ads