Why, Why, Why?

Hey what is the BIG DEAL with tracking the module, session, date and unlock treasure in
Adventures League competition, when there are no REWARDS for HONESTY!!!!!
The Dungeon Masters do not check. Wizards of the Coast does not have representative at the conventions, to over see the leveling of characters. Because they would be inundated by complaints from the ancient, immortal level purist players who want to discover gold and treasure loot.
NOT UNLOCK REWARDS, ONLY TO USE CHECKPOINTS TO "BUY" THEM.
Forward this to them, Mr. Merls and the powers the be.
What good does having a DCI Number really do?
Thank You, people for listening.

jasper

Rotten DM
was over when Lord Soth invaded Ravenloft. Did no one get upset when Gary Gynax wrote Dragonlance. Fourth Edition never existed it was just mass hysteria. Was Checkpoint Charlie in the Korea DMZ. Why is Dairy Queen giving out free cones to day? IF a death dog and hell hound mate would be a hell dog and would you put catsup on it? You DCI number will be the order in which I kill you. Sucks if you don't have one. If I read a choose your path book, am I really playing Pathfinder.

As a DM, I have absolutely asked to see paperwork from players when there was something that didn’t seem right to me. As a player, I've had to show certs to people to show that my character was kosher (to be fair, an undead barbarian isn't a common thing in AL play).

The honor system works pretty well, but if there’s ever a question, having that paperwork can absolutely help you out. The reward for honesty is being trusted at a table and actually getting to play your character. I for one wouldn't want to risk being banned from an event for cheating.

Shiroiken

Legend
What's the big deal with tracking HP's in a home game? Or bothering with those pesky dice... when you can just tell the DM what you think it should be. I mean, it's not like any of it actually matters!

Phazonfish

B-Rank Agent
Hey what is the BIG DEAL with tracking the module, session, date and unlock treasure in
Adventures League competition, when there are no REWARDS for HONESTY!!!!!

Virtue is its own reward; you shouldn't need a pat on the head for not cheating. I don't play AL stuff, so I have no idea how often documents are checked, but the Panopticon Effect is a thing; the idea that their papers could be checked is enough to keep many people in line.

Jacob Lewis

Ye Olde GM
kwovcbl.jpg

Remove ads