Sassy, smart mouth.

Don't answer in stupid riddles. If you cant respond with answers that make sense.
And no you are reading a book channel you station in life to give you direction.
Which you sadly need.
Should that many be eliminated by their DCI's there would not be any participants.
NOW TELL ME WHAT GOOD ARE THEY!

Shiroiken

Legend
I'm assuming this was supposed to have been a response to your other thread? If so, you should go to the thread and reply to the thread. It's a common mistake for those new to the site.

If not, I have no idea what you're talking about. A DCI number is only useful if you do Organized Play (i.e. Adventurer's League) or play one of their card/board games competitively. I don't have one because I stopped playing those games, and Organized Play is horrible IMO.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Don't answer in stupid riddles. If you cant respond with answers that make sense.
And no you are reading a book channel you station in life to give you direction.
Which you sadly need.
Should that many be eliminated by their DCI's there would not be any participants.
NOW TELL ME WHAT GOOD ARE THEY!

Friend, I believe you have misfired with this post. You might want to clarify a bit.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Even better than replying in the same thread, just click the little triangle icon next to the laugh button and report the post as trolling/threadcrapping. That sends it to the mods to decide if they need to do anything about it.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Unlikely. The user posted and got threadcrapped. This is the (understandable, if misdirected) response.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I'm just wondering that this is even about at this point! I guess I missed the original thread...

He doesn't understand the purpose of DCI numbers in Adventurer's League organized play when there is no effective means of truly policing against cheating. His original post was a hyperbolic, scattered, rant that was hard to follow and which resulted in some posts making fun of it.

As far as his question, I guess my sincere answer is that AL rules are like any others. AL players are participating in a game, run by volunteers, for which there are no monetary rewards. People who enjoy AL would probably not cheat, because why? For those who do, if it isn't obvious, you are correct. They are unlikely to be caught. It isn't worth policing unless it gets to the point where it is ruining the fun for other AL players.

Most of the illegal things I've seen in a little that I've played AL were honest errors and DMs do enforce things like PHB+1 and other character creation and advancement rules.

The only actual cheating that I'm aware of are people who want to play in higher level adventures or a specific adventure and don't have a character of the appropriate level (or an appropriate character is locked into another setting). It is pretty easy to look up AL games and fill in your logs to build an appropriate character and there are sites that help you do this.

I can understand the temptation. I don't play AL frequently enough to have characters in the 3rd or 4th tiers, so I never get to experience those modules. Also, AL doesn't feel like "real" D&D to me and I wouldn't enjoy a long campaign under AL rules. Not meant to badwrongfun AL -- it is just not how I choose to enjoy D&D.

At conventions, I avoid AL, and play other system or non-AL D&D games that offer one-shots with pregens at higher levels.
[MENTION=6984911]Darrell D. Pavey Jr.[/MENTION] - what happened to get you so upset about this? If folks are cheating at your table to the point that it is causing issues, speak with the DM. But you may need to be prepared to suck it up or find another group to play with. I expect that a lot of DM are not going to want to deal with the drama of challenging the players and are not going to be enthused about doing the bookkeeping for a proper audit. This is organized play, not taxes.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases