DMs Guild or 3rd Party Wizardry Please

Reynard

Legend
My Dragon heist campaign is just about wrapped up -- and boy has it been a weird ride -- and one of the other GMs is running a new campaign in a homebrew world. I decided I wanted to play a wizard PC, someone obsessed with uncovering magical secrets and finding ancient spells. The thing is there doesn't seem to be much in the way of interesting non combat magic in 5E. I am hoping to find a good source of spells that cover a broad range of uses and subjects to present to the GM as things I could find throughout the course of the game. I expressly do not want overpowered combat magic, but magic used to build things or know things or make life easier or more interesting.

Any ideas?

Yurial

First Post
Kobold Press has a large amount of magic supplements, including new magic systems. Their products tend to be fantastic as well.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
My Dragon heist campaign is just about wrapped up -- and boy has it been a weird ride -- and one of the other GMs is running a new campaign in a homebrew world. I decided I wanted to play a wizard PC, someone obsessed with uncovering magical secrets and finding ancient spells. The thing is there doesn't seem to be much in the way of interesting non combat magic in 5E. I am hoping to find a good source of spells that cover a broad range of uses and subjects to present to the GM as things I could find throughout the course of the game. I expressly do not want overpowered combat magic, but magic used to build things or know things or make life easier or more interesting.

Any ideas?

You just want Treantmonk's guide to GOD Wizards to start.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
That's a very long thread. Is it about optimization, because that's not what I am interested in.

Yes and no. Yes, it's about optimization, but no it's not about combat. He's optimizing a support themed wizard, with interesting applications for out of combat. You don't need the thread at all, just the two links in the first post.

Remove ads