2000AD XP for grade advancements

d(sqrt(-1))

First Post
I'm unsure about grade advancement (not seen this mentioned elsewhere).

p83 says you need 10x new grade number to advance, so a starting character needs 60 XP for their 6th grade.

However, for a medium difficulty advancement, p83 says that characters gain XP equal to their own grade. Therefore a starting PC will gain 5 XP for a medium encounter. So that's 12 Medium encounters to advance - except the text says 10 medium encounters to advance? So should they be getting XP equal to the next grade i.e. 6 for a starting character?

As you go up grades it will tend to drop the encounters needed slowly by the first method, until at getting 20th grade you'd need 200/19 = ~10.5 encounters, but it seems a bit odd.

kingpin000

Explorer
Encounters are not just combat but also obstacles which PCs overcome by usings non-combat skills. Additionally reaching a milestone each session also rewards the players with medium ecounter XP. A grad 5 PC could earn 20 XP in a session of three medium encounters and one milestone. You could also add a hard encounter sometimes, which rewards the double amount of XP.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Well, they get whatever XP the GM wants to give out. But yes, you’re right, that’s 12 encounters not 10.

d(sqrt(-1))

First Post
Ok, no problem. I'm happy to give out XP as needed, it was purely the 10x vs the actual numbers that was puzzling me as to intent. Thanks!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases