5E Kingmaker
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: 5E Kingmaker

  1. #1
    Member
    The Grand Druid (Lvl 20)



    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,704

    5E Kingmaker

    Years ago I ran Pathfinder Kingmaker and enjoyed it earlier on to the extent that The Stolen Lands is one of the best adventures ever made imho.

    Recently I also reread the Kingdom rules in Ultimate campaigns. The rules are basically stand alone and seem compatible enough with 5E.

    Kingmaker also seems easy enough to convert.

    Another idea is to use the rules to claim an area around Phandelver.

    Any ideas for using these rules or a settlement in the north?
    Last edited by Zardnaar; Sunday, 14th April, 2019 at 07:51 AM.
    XP 77IM gave XP for this post

  2. #2
    Dusty Dragon
    Orcus on an Off-Day (Lvl 22)

    Ancalagon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    5,913
    My pathfinder group has 2 gms that alternate (6 ish month per) and one of the 2 campaign is in kingmaker. We might switch to 5e and I would be pretty happy about that, even though some of the characters wouldn't translate 100% - my dwarven alchemist would be *very* different for example.

  3. #3
    Member
    The Grand Druid (Lvl 20)



    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancalagon View Post
    My pathfinder group has 2 gms that alternate (6 ish month per) and one of the 2 campaign is in kingmaker. We might switch to 5e and I would be pretty happy about that, even though some of the characters wouldn't translate 100% - my dwarven alchemist would be *very* different for example.
    Characters will be 5E ones. Not much in the rules ties them to Pathfinder.

    Did you use them as written or Ultimate Campaigns version?

  4. #4
    Dusty Dragon
    Orcus on an Off-Day (Lvl 22)

    Ancalagon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    5,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Zardnaar View Post
    Characters will be 5E ones. Not much in the rules ties them to Pathfinder.

    Did you use them as written or Ultimate Campaigns version?
    I'm not sure what ultimate campaigns is. Do you mean the "kingdom" rules? I heard the GM talking about using the "most recent" version, maybe this is what he meant.

  5. #5
    Member
    The Grand Druid (Lvl 20)



    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,704
    It's a Pathfinder splat that updated the Kingmaker rules.
    Laugh Tazawa laughed with this post

  6. #6
    Member
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    aco175's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    1,720
    I would think the region around Phandelver would be a good area for a kingdom. Might want to swing down and encompass Leilon and some of the main road. I would think that both Neverwinter and Waterdeep would be involved in a new kingdom encroaching their circle of influence.

  7. #7
    Member
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    179
    And here I was hoping someone had converted the Avalon Hill board game Kingmaker to D&D.

    Fight the War of the Roses with sword and spell. Kill the heirs and then resurrect them back again. Powerful nobles using Lancastrian and Yorkist princes as pawns to gain power.
    XP StormbringerAUS gave XP for this post

  8. #8
    Member
    The Grand Druid (Lvl 20)



    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,704
    Quote Originally Posted by aco175 View Post
    I would think the region around Phandelver would be a good area for a kingdom. Might want to swing down and encompass Leilon and some of the main road. I would think that both Neverwinter and Waterdeep would be involved in a new kingdom encroaching their circle of influence.
    Might be hard getting them to both sign off on it if you decide to annex parts of the north road.

    Phandalin might make a good capital or early settlement. You could build an aqueduct or something to pipe in water from the Sword Mountains. I was thinking of building a keep or something near the LMoP, and perhaps trying to get Phandalin or Leilon etc to join voluntarily and you could run patrols along the roads to keep them safe. Another location could be the castle or where the Green Dragon lives. It oculd let you get a town up and running for half cost a'la Stag Lords fort in Kingmaker.

  9. #9
    Member
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Matrix Sorcica's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    At the feet of our 5E Overlords
    Posts
    1,543
    Legendary Games has the PF kingdom rules etc. from Kingmaker/Ultimate Campaign as converted 5E products on drivethru.rpg. Haven't read them, so can't vouch for quality. A critique seems to be is a 2direct2 conversion.

  10. #10
    Member
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    124
    Why don't you just run 5e in Golarion? That's what I'm doing right now running Hell's Rebels for a party and it has been fun

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •