5E Kingmaker

Zardnaar

Legend
Years ago I ran Pathfinder Kingmaker and enjoyed it earlier on to the extent that The Stolen Lands is one of the best adventures ever made imho.

Recently I also reread the Kingdom rules in Ultimate campaigns. The rules are basically stand alone and seem compatible enough with 5E.

Kingmaker also seems easy enough to convert.

Another idea is to use the rules to claim an area around Phandelver.

Any ideas for using these rules or a settlement in the north?

Last edited:

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
My pathfinder group has 2 gms that alternate (6 ish month per) and one of the 2 campaign is in kingmaker. We might switch to 5e and I would be pretty happy about that, even though some of the characters wouldn't translate 100% - my dwarven alchemist would be *very* different for example.

Zardnaar

Legend
My pathfinder group has 2 gms that alternate (6 ish month per) and one of the 2 campaign is in kingmaker. We might switch to 5e and I would be pretty happy about that, even though some of the characters wouldn't translate 100% - my dwarven alchemist would be *very* different for example.

Characters will be 5E ones. Not much in the rules ties them to Pathfinder.

Did you use them as written or Ultimate Campaigns version?

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Characters will be 5E ones. Not much in the rules ties them to Pathfinder.

Did you use them as written or Ultimate Campaigns version?

I'm not sure what ultimate campaigns is. Do you mean the "kingdom" rules? I heard the GM talking about using the "most recent" version, maybe this is what he meant.

aco175

Legend
I would think the region around Phandelver would be a good area for a kingdom. Might want to swing down and encompass Leilon and some of the main road. I would think that both Neverwinter and Waterdeep would be involved in a new kingdom encroaching their circle of influence.

practicalm

Explorer
And here I was hoping someone had converted the Avalon Hill board game Kingmaker to D&D.

Fight the War of the Roses with sword and spell. Kill the heirs and then resurrect them back again. Powerful nobles using Lancastrian and Yorkist princes as pawns to gain power.

Zardnaar

Legend
I would think the region around Phandelver would be a good area for a kingdom. Might want to swing down and encompass Leilon and some of the main road. I would think that both Neverwinter and Waterdeep would be involved in a new kingdom encroaching their circle of influence.

Might be hard getting them to both sign off on it if you decide to annex parts of the north road.

Phandalin might make a good capital or early settlement. You could build an aqueduct or something to pipe in water from the Sword Mountains. I was thinking of building a keep or something near the LMoP, and perhaps trying to get Phandalin or Leilon etc to join voluntarily and you could run patrols along the roads to keep them safe. Another location could be the castle or where the Green Dragon lives. It oculd let you get a town up and running for half cost a'la Stag Lords fort in Kingmaker.

Legendary Games has the PF kingdom rules etc. from Kingmaker/Ultimate Campaign as converted 5E products on drivethru.rpg. Haven't read them, so can't vouch for quality. A critique seems to be is a 2direct2 conversion.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases