Greek-inspired Odyssey of the Dragonlords From ex-Bioware designers On Kickstarter

Odyssey of the Dragonlords, a Greek myth inspired D&D setting by ex-Bioware designers Jesse Sky and James Ohlen is now on Kickstarter. It's a 280-page book being co-published by Modiphius (who now officially publish all the RPGs ever written, I think!) and describes the world of Thylea.

Players Guide.jpg

You can already download a copy of the Player's Guide. "The booklet contains everything you need to get started as a hero within the world including a brief overview of the world of Thylea, new character backstories, rules for the new Centaur and Satyr races and epic paths for your heroes. This revised edition includes two more martial archetypes as well as updated rules based on your feedback for the Satyr and Centaur races available within the booklet."

And there's a short story called Dragon's Wager, by Drew Karpyshyn, which gives you a look at the setting's flavour.

Odyssey Landscape.jpg

"At the dawn of time, a war between the gods and Titans left the world of Thylea forever changed. Thousands of years later, the first mortals arrived, carried by ship and dragon. The Dragonlords were the champions who overthrew the Titans 500 years ago and forged the Oath of Peace. But the power of the Oath has waned, and now the Titans seek vengeance. You are one of the heroes called by prophecy to end the conflict once and for all. Poets will sing of your deeds for centuries to come... if you survive."

Arcanum's World is the publisher created by ex-BioWare lead designers James Ohlen and Jesse Sky (Neverwinter Nights, Dragon Age: Origins, Baldurs Gate I & II, Knights of the Old Republic and Star Wars: The Old Republic) and Drew Karpyshyn, BioWare senior writer on Mass Effect I & II and Knights of the Old Republic.

Odyssey Titan.jpg

Find it on Kickstarter here.

imagineGod

Legend
Wow! Modiphus Entertainment on the road to the industry recognition it deserves like Fantasy Flight Games in terms of product catalog.

Banesfinger

Explorer
So much Mythic Greek goodness.
I've also backed Arkadia (another 5e mythic Greek Kickstarter). I'm eager to see how these two products compare.

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
Backed! I've been very excited about this since reading the sample player's guide a few weeks ago, and that was before I knew one of the creators also worked on Knights of the Old Republic.

BMaC

Adventurer
$26 shipping to Europe is annoying. Guess I'll wait to see if it shows up on Book Depository.

Edit
ABOUT MODIPHIUS ENTERTAINMENT is a UK-based publisher of roleplaying games,
If the publisher is in the UK then why is shipping to Europe so pricey? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
$26 shipping to Europe is annoying. Guess I'll wait to see if it shows up on Book Depository.

Edit

If the publisher is in the UK then why is shipping to Europe so pricey? :confused:

The Kickstarter is being run by Arcanum Worlds, not Modiphius. I’d guess Modiphius’ role is in game store distribution after the event, not the Kickstarter itself.

jimmytheccomic

First Post
I just want to say, I love how low key the stretch goals have been. With this kickstarter, it's normally just been one or two new monsters, or a new class- it makes me feel really confident that the project will deliver roughly on time and not get completely out of control on the back end.

I also appreciate how inexpensive it was to get all the PDFs! I just dropped 60 on the "Arcana of the Ancients" kickstarter to get all of their PDFs, so I was really worried I wouldn't be able to justify this one, but they kept it low and helped me get out easy. Me and my players are pretty excited.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases