GAME OF THRONES SEASON 8--Final Run-- Part 2

MarkB

Legend
I feel like it's going to go very wrong, and wind up with a much-diminished army making a fighting withdrawal down to King's Landing (possibly via the Iron Islands for transportation). Then it will be a matter of either convincing, or more likely eliminating Cersei so that her massed forces can be turned against the dead instead of the living.

Zardnaar

Legend
They can really only save a few via dragonback if something goes really wrong. I'm not expecting a lot of survivors though, Arya, Sam, a few minor characters. 2 episodes for night King 2 to wrap Cersei.

It could be a massive misdirection. The Night King might attack King's Landing directly with Viserion? Do they have anything at KL that could combat either one of them? They don't even have valerian steel weapons there anymore?

Edit: omg, "King's Landing". It became a real king's landing when Tommen met the ground, but it could also refer to the Night King landing there and laying waste to it. That's exactly the kind of wordplay that GRRM has been practising.

I kinda like this angle. It is probably incorrect, since they set up the battle at Winterfell so clearly this episode... but it would make for a fantastic turn of events. In Dany's vision, didn't see we the throneroom covered in snow and without a roof? Dany would be ruling over the ashes of Kings landing.

A lot of people are mentioning the idea of the corpses in the crypt being resurrected by the Night-king. This seems a bit too predictable, plus I would expect the old Stark magic to ward those crypts from any such foul magical tempering. But right now its anyone's guess.

As for predictions of who will live and who will die, any guess will probably be wrong, but here goes:

Survivors:
The Hound - Might survive, so he can face off against his brother. I'm still holding my fingers crossed for this.
Jamie - Not only is he my favorite character, but I feel we still need a confrontation between him and Cersei.
Arya - I think she still has an important part to play in the finale as an assassin.
Dany - What would have been the point of the vision of the throneroom, if not for her actually going there?
Samwell - I keep thinking that he is the person writing all of this down for posterity.

Dead meat:
Beric Dondaryon - The lightning lord's death is long overdue
Tormund - Sorry tormund fans.
Gilly - Not very useful, and makes for a dramatic death.
Brienne - I think it is time for her to die heroically.
Theon - No one cares about you Theon.
Jorah Mormont - He will definitely die for his Kaleesi.
Lyanna Mormont - GRR Martin will definitely kill children.
Davos - Likable, but ultimately not that important.
Ed - Sorry Ed.
Missandei - Bye!
Grey Worm - Also bye!
Ghost - You are costing us way too much of our CGI budget! We gave you a quick cameo in episode 2 just before we kill you off unceremoniously.

Unsure:
Jon Snow - GRR Martin has a habit of killing off characters that seem to be the lead. I don't think a happy end is in store between him and Dany, but he might still survive this battle.
Sansa - She's gone through considerable character growth, but I am still unsure what her role is in all this.
Melisandre - I think she still might have some role to play in all this, but not sure what it is.
Bran - He may very well live... for now.
Tyrion - He feels like the most important character in the whole show. But GRR Martin loves to defy expectations. His usefulness seems to have decreased lately. But episode 2 suggests that he might make some sort of clever come back.

Not mentioned:
Anyone not mentioned probably does not appear in the upcoming episode, and thus automatically survives.

Last edited:

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Whether it's the buried dead being reanimated, though, we'll just have to wait and see ... my understanding is that the Starks took precautions, such as lining the crypts with iron swords and such.

I'm not sure that works, but we know that Benjen Stark was able to resist becoming an evil servant, so maybe there is something in Stark blood that lets them retain independence.

Also, don't the white walkers have to be the ones to kill people in order to be able to raise them? Can they raise bodies that died of natural causes or were killed by humans?

No. That's why the wildlings burned all of their dead. A white walker can reanimate bodies of those that they don't personally kill. What's unclear is whether they can create a white walker that way and not just make wights(skeletons/zombies).

It's possible Jon's mother will come back to haunt him - and maybe also confirm to Dany that he is who he says he is. ;)

That's an interesting idea.

One of the scenes I really loved was the scene where the little girl with the burned face spoke with Ser Davos. It was a very touching scene.

On the one hand, I’m not sure that the dead in the crypts being raised would, ahem, realistically be all that effective. Most appear to be housed in big stone crypts, and would be naught but bones and dust. On the other hand, I can see the show easily not letting those details get in the way.

As for what happens in the end, I think we’re going to see Daenerys, Jon Snow, and the dragons all die before this is over. This leaves Tyrion as the person with the strongest ties to the Iron Throne; he becomes king and is left ruling over a decimated land. Since the two are kinda technically still married, Sansa rules as the Queen in the North.

Zardnaar

Legend
I kinda like this angle. It is probably incorrect, since they set up the battle at Winterfell so clearly this episode... but it would make for a fantastic turn of events. In Dany's vision, didn't see we the throneroom covered in snow and without a roof? Dany would be ruling over the ashes of Kings landing.

A lot of people are mentioning the idea of the corpses in the crypt being resurrected by the Night-king. This seems a bit too predictable, plus I would expect the old Stark magic to ward those crypts from any such foul magical tempering. But right now its anyone's guess.

As for predictions of who will live and who will die, any guess will probably be wrong, but here goes:

Survivors:
The Hound - Might survive, so he can face off against his brother. I'm still holding my fingers crossed for this.
Jamie - Not only is he my favorite character, but I feel we still need a confrontation between him and Cersei.
Arya - I think she still has an important part to play in the finale as an assassin.
Dany - What would have been the point of the vision of the throneroom, if not for her actually going there?
Samwell - I keep thinking that he is the person writing all of this down for posterity.

Dead meat:
Beric Dondaryon - The lightning lord's death is long overdue
Tormund - Sorry tormund fans.
Gilly - Not very useful, and makes for a dramatic death.
Brienne - I think it is time for her to die heroically.
Theon - No one cares about you Theon.
Jorah Mormont - He will definitely die for his Kaleesi.
Lyanna Mormont - GRR Martin will definitely kill children.
Davos - Likable, but ultimately not that important.
Ed - Sorry Ed.
Missandei - Bye!
Grey Worm - Also bye!
Ghost - You are costing us way too much of our CGI budget! We gave you a quick cameo in episode 2 just before we kill you off unceremoniously.

Unsure:
Jon Snow - GRR Martin has a habit of killing off characters that seem to be the lead. I don't think a happy end is in store between him and Dany, but he might still survive this battle.
Sansa - She's gone through considerable character growth, but I am still unsure what her role is in all this.
Melisandre - I think she still might have some role to play in all this, but not sure what it is.
Bran - He may very well live... for now.
Tyrion - He feels like the most important character in the whole show. But GRR Martin loves to defy expectations. His usefulness seems to have decreased lately. But episode 2 suggests that he might make some sort of clever come back.

Not mentioned:
Anyone not mentioned probably does not appear in the upcoming episode, and thus automatically survives.

List looks good, but I expect Brienne to survive to witness Jaimies redemption thing/death when he kills Cersei. You unsure list is I think most of them will live for now. The ones I expect to survive at the end.

Arya
Samwell
Bran

I think those 3 are fairly safe.

Jon or Dany (not both)

Also leaning towards no one gets the Iron Throne. I don't know what they are going to do with Dany is she gonna go all mad queen or realise she isn't the best and enthrone Jon. The prince that was promised it seems Rhaegar was the best option so his son may have to do.

Last edited:

Sadras

Legend
Jaime for Kingslayer and Queenslayer.
Sansa will survive to depose Cersei as per the prophecy.
I'm expecting Dani will likely be betrayed, perhaps by Jon or Jorah (or maybe Varys - not mentioned by you @Imaculata).
I also expect Davos to survive.

Zardnaar

Legend
Jorah already betrayed her, leaves Tyrion.

Sansa doesn't have a claim on the throne, not that it will matter to much and it owuld be a bit out of left field for them to put her on it.

There's a quote from Varys, "You wish to know where my true loyalties lie? Not with any king or queen, but with the people. The people who suffer under despots and prosper under just rule..."

He's spoken of Daenerys as being the best chance for the common people, but what happens if he changes that assessment?

or maybe Varys

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
does Gendry have a claim on the Iron Throne?
if Arya survives and becomes the Queenslayer could she and Gendry claim the Kingdoms?

I think Sansa will survive and become Queen of the North - there must be a Stark in Winterfell

I also think Bran is going to sort-of die, especially after last episodes exchange about the need for memories and Death being forgetting, followed by Tyrion sitting down and asking Bran to tell him his story. Brans sacrifice will bind the Night King so they both become a tree.
This will emphasize the end of the story and the world. Then Samwell will rise as the new chronicler of the memory of the seven kingdoms, Tyrion will be his editor.

Tormund, Brienne, Jorah, Theon and Grey Worm die, Missandei survives

Jamie lives but is killed by Cersei

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases