D&D 5E Heroes of Baldur's Gate is a D&D Adventure From Bioware's Baldur's Gate Designer

James Ohlen and Jesse Sky of Bioware fame have released the 160-page PDF and hardcover Heroes of Baldur's Gate over on DMs Guild.

hobg.jpg

It's an adventure which takes PCs from levels 1-6, and also includes stats for fourteen characters from the video games, including Minsc, Jaheira, Imoen, Edwin, Viconia, and more. Also included are eight new monsters, four new backgrounds, and lots of maps of Baldur's Gate and the Sword Coast.

"The city of Baldur’s Gate is the pride of West Faerûn—a mercantile stronghold ruled by the famous Grand Dukes. One year ago, a powerful merchant leader named Sarevok nearly catapulted the city into war with the neighboring nation of Amn. This crisis was averted, and the remnants of the organization were scattered throughout the Sword Coast.

Now, the city is threatened from within by agents of the nefarious Zhentarim, who seek to fill the power vacuum left behind in the wake of these events. Meanwhile, the Shadow Druids plot to destroy the city by performing terrible rituals, deep within the Cloakwood. Who will rise to oppose them?"

There's even a trailer!

[video=youtube;F581HTuZX-M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F581HTuZX-M[/video]​

Last edited by a moderator:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Can I just say how refreshing it is for a company to just go ahead and make a product and release it rather than do a KS?

Don't worry. They're also doing a Kickstarter for their Odyssey of the Dragonlords.

dalisprime

Explorer
So...did the designer of both BG and BG2 forget that the NPCs introduced in this AP were otherwise occupied in Amn around the same time this adventure takes place? Coran could definitely be there, sure but Imoen, Jaheira, Minsc, Viconia and Edwin were still very much involved in the bhaalspawn crisis which the AP references...They could very well have done this AP without involving those characters.

I haven't bought it yet, but assuming they are taking Beamdog's Siege of Dragonspear as non-canon, there is a time gap between the end of BG1 and the beginning of BG2 which would give Imoen, Jaheira, Minsc, Viconia, Edwin and co. time to bum around and be in this.

dalisprime

Explorer
I haven't bought it yet, but assuming they are taking Beamdog's Siege of Dragonspear as non-canon, there is a time gap between the end of BG1 and the beginning of BG2 which would give Imoen, Jaheira, Minsc, Viconia, Edwin and co. time to bum around and be in this.

Not really. BG2 takes place in 1369 which is the same year this AP takes place.

dave2008

Legend
So I wonder how many people who crow, "If it ain't WotC, it ain't official D&D for me and that goes double for the Guild Adepts to boot," are going to change their minds when it comes to this product?

I wonder when OBS is going to let other companies offer POD for their community content projects?

They already do allow POD. Anything on DriveThruRPG can be published POD and select titles on the DMs Guild are available for POD too. The POD on DMs Guild is still a trial basis I believe so you have to go through a bit more to get it done, but it is possible.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases