5E How to Start Playing Dungeons & Dragons (5th Edition) Without Breaking the Bank – A Beginner’s Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How to Start Playing Dungeons & Dragons (5th Edition) Without Breaking the Bank – A Beginner’s Guide

Hey, guys. I have humbly published a guide on how to get started in D&D while on a budget. I hope you all enjoy and I wish each of you a pleasant day.
    https://www.gametruth.com/guides/a-b...king-the-bank/
    XP aco175, 77IM, dnd4vr, CydKnight, jasper gave XP for this post

Magsman (Lvl 14)

Great job. I was thinking that it would be about buying the big 3 books and dice and such for $200.00 or such. You actually have things for free and link that to places where you could actually play for free.
    XP SomthinClever gave XP for this post

Quote Originally Posted by aco175 View Post
    Great job. I was thinking that it would be about buying the big 3 books and dice and such for $200.00 or such. You actually have things for free and link that to places where you could actually play for free.
    Hey, Aco! Thanks for the comment. Enjoy your day.

Guide (Lvl 11)

Yep, it looks pretty good! There is enough free, basic content out there that really you don't need much to get started. Kudos!

Quote Originally Posted by dnd4vr View Post
    Yep, it looks pretty good! There is enough free, basic content out there that really you don't need much to get started. Kudos!
    Hey! Thanks for the comment and your support. I hope you have a great day.

Novice (Lvl 1)

Overall very nice.

You might consider a little more detail on point-buy, or a link to more complete instructions.

Orcus on an Off-Day (Lvl 22)

Playing or running Basic D&D is free, or less than 5 bucks if you count dice.

Playing Standard D&D requires the PHB, which costs at most 50 bucks, but you can find it for less, or you can even just use the SRD.

Running Standard D&D requires the PHB and MM, so you are within 100 bucks.

Anything else (even the DMG) is optional, but between the SRD and UA you can easily add a lot more at no cost.

Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)

Can I post the link to my local D&D facebook group?

Quote Originally Posted by jasper View Post
    Can I post the link to my local D&D facebook group?
    Hey, Jasper. You most certainly can. I greatly appreciate your support. You may also find this link useful. https://www.gametruth.com/guides/how...s-5th-edition/

Quote Originally Posted by Davo3 View Post
    Overall very nice.

You might consider a little more detail on point-buy, or a link to more complete instructions.
    Thanks, Davo!