Sonic the Hedgehog Trailer #1 (2019)

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
The joke about the kid in the bag was the funniest part. I was disappointed by everything else. When I saw the truck my first thought was Galvatron?

This entire trailer looks like a YouTube parody. It could be fascinating to watch just how bad it is. Mark my words, this could be even worse than that Super Mario Bros movie.

Zardnaar

Legend
Had the thought at least is gonna be better than the super mario movie.

Might help I'm kind of a Sonic fan at least the old ones. Still have my Sega Megadrive with Sonic 1-3+ Sonic and Knuckles+ Sonic CD+ Dreamcast with Sonic Adventure.

Stab my eyes.

Not even on DVD will I buy this. If nothing is on TV and it is on I will either search for the Hallmark station or read a book

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow

Might help I'm kind of a Sonic fan at least the old ones. Still have my Sega Megadrive with Sonic 1-3+ Sonic and Knuckles+ Sonic CD+ Dreamcast with Sonic Adventure.

I fear that might have you even more disappointed

This movie may have worked 20 years when Sonic was at his height, but now???

Zardnaar

Legend
I fear that might have you even more disappointed

This movie may have worked 20 years when Sonic was at his height, but now???

Well it might be a good movie in its own right (not holding my breath).

Not that fanatic about Sonic really, I like it but back in the day I didn't think it was the greatest thing ever. Kept the Megadrive more for Phantasy Star.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/may/03/sonic-the-hedgehog-movie-trailer-criticism

Sonic the Hedgehog director Jeff Fowler has announced that “changes” will be made to the forthcoming movie based on the video game after the trailer premiere was met with blistering criticism.

Jeff Fowler said:
@fowltown
Thank you for the support. And the criticism. The message is loud and clear... you aren't happy with the design & you want changes. It's going to happen. Everyone at Paramount & Sega are fully committed to making this character the BEST he can be..

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls

Nope. Also, not sure what you were all smoking at the time, but I love me some of that old terrible Super Mario Bros.!

Zardnaar

Legend
At the time Sonic looked amazing and Nintendo outside of America and Japan doesn't tend to do that well. Megadrive was more popular in Europe for example.

Nintendo also had their kiddies policy. 80's gave us Mario and Hulk Hogan kids grew up. Sega had Mortal Kombat with blood and Stone Cold Steve Austin was popular. Then Sony turned up and reamed both of them.

Sonic also came out before SMB at least outside of Japan and Sega was also cheaper. Cheapest console always wins console war. Sony got reamed for a while by Xbox 360 it was cheaper and had deeper library for a few years there.

Here everyone had Sonic. One person had a SNES. The console war was very lopsided by region. Japan and USA were Nintendo's strongholds Sega broke into that.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases